Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Robber meets Jesus!
« Last post by Mr. Blackwell on Today at 04:57:05 AM »
And who cares that much about an old jeep anyway. I see your point, if it were newer Kia that would be different...

Since you could use some practice, next time I see a thirteen-year-old beater being stolen I'll send you after the thief with a tire irony.

Is it, in your view, only worth protecting if it's shinny and new? Seriously, I saw your irony but in my situation I have a broken down 2003 Impala and another broken down 2001 Impala. I also have a 2004 Saturn and a 2006 Nissan I am borrowing from my father until I get my tax return so I can buy a gently used 2000...something for $3000 or less.

So, if my Texas born firecracker hears some commotion outside and rushes out before I can restrain her (which she has done) and stumbles upon a thief trying to steal either our only working car or my fathers car and I see her being dragged...

What should I do? Pray?
Milo's a douche.
How so?

Hmmm.  Maybe this turns out to be one of those surprising instances where the extreme left and extreme right go so far out that they come back full circle to meet on common ground?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/us/politics/cpac-milo-yiannopoulos.html?_r=0
Milo Yiannopoulos’s Pedophilia Comments Cost Him CPAC Role and Book Deal

WASHINGTON — Milo Yiannopoulos, a polemical Breitbart editor and unapologetic defender of the alt-right, tested the limits of how far his provocations could go after the publication of a video in which he condones sexual relations with boys as young as 13 and laughs off the seriousness of pedophilia by Roman Catholic priests.

On Monday, the organizers of the Conservative Political Action Conference rescinded their invitation for him to speak this week. Simon & Schuster said it was canceling publication of “Dangerous” after standing by him through weeks of criticism of the deal. And Breitbart itself was reportedly reconsidering his role amid calls online for it to sever ties with him.

Mr. Yiannopoulos’s comments, which quickly created an uproar online over the weekend, put many conservatives in a deeply uncomfortable position. They have long defended Mr. Yiannopoulos’s attention-seeking stunts and racially charged antics on the grounds that the left had tried to hypocritically censor his right to free speech...

Wait, conservatives are growing tired of attention-seeking narcissists and their racially charged antics???  What's next???   

« Last post by Inertialmass on Today at 03:46:47 AM »
And who cares that much about an old jeep anyway. I see your point, if it were newer Kia that would be different...

Since you could use some practice, next time I see a thirteen-year-old beater being stolen I'll send you after the thief with a tire irony.
« Last post by Mr. Blackwell on Today at 01:55:55 AM »
http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-springs/colorado-springs-homeowner-shoots-at-man-stealing-his-car/323103840
In this case it's obviously justified. Hopefully the junkie expired somewhere.  ||guns||

Mattiesen says he grabbed his gun while his wife ran to the garage. She confronted the man, who was already inside the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

According to police, the suspect suddenly backed the vehicle up, which caused the mother to get caught in the open window and she was being dragged by the vehicle...

Nope.  It'd hafta be at least a 2012 or 2013 Kia Sonata, power windows and seat warmers, before I'd send the wifey after him.

Yeah, I know right? What the f**k was his wife doing outside of the kitchen or bedroom where she belongs? That man failed to control his woman. And who cares that much about an old jeep anyway. I see your point, if it were newer Kia that would be different but b***h didn't know her place and that, I think, is the moral of your objection to shooting a gun at a man dragging his wife with his own car.

I guess he should have shot his wife for being outside without permission.

Oh! Wait....I forgot who I was talking to for a minute. My bad. The man shouldn't have had access to a gun in the first place. That way, the story wouldn't involve shots fired. Because shots fired is bad. No matter what the situation...no shots should ever be fired unless merely plinking at harmless tin cans in the back yard on a Sunday afternoon.

My apologies.

Scripture Study / Re: Let's talk about evangelizing!
« Last post by Case on Today at 01:00:06 AM »

it's the old right-wing christians like catholics, orthodox, anglicans, lutherans and such that believe that it is a sacrament. most left wing protestants-- which would include the CRC-- seem to view baptism as a rite of membership into the visible church.

protestant quakers have made the backwards step into establishing a class of priests, defined by credentials and ordination, who alone are permitted to perform baptism. as with the catholics and anglicans, the rite is reserved only for those spiritually authorized.

Left-wing Protestants? What do you mean?
« Last post by kevin on Today at 12:57:16 AM »

it's the old right-wing christians like catholics, orthodox, anglicans, lutherans and such that believe that it is a sacrament. most left wing protestants-- which would include the CRC-- seem to view baptism as a rite of membership into the visible church.

protestant quakers have made the backwards step into establishing a class of priests, defined by credentials and ordination, who alone are permitted to perform baptism. as with the catholics and anglicans, the rite is reserved only for those spiritually authorized.
« Last post by Case on Today at 12:35:24 AM »
In traditional Reformed theology, baptism doesn't overcome sin. It initiates someone into God's covenant people.
Politics / Re: China plans to invade North Korea
« Last post by Kusa on Today at 12:13:28 AM »
China just quit buying N Koreas coal. This will cripple their economy.

They have an economy?
A propped up one.
Other / Re: Taking a knee
« Last post by Inertialmass on Today at 12:13:24 AM »
Seriously, I hope this sense of nationalist patriotism instilled in those high schoolers today doesn't lead toward them making an irredeemably misdirected sacrifice to Trump and beloved Israel-most-holy tomorrow.  No doubt the 7000 or so Americans dead in Iraq and Afghanistan thought at the time they were doing good.
Politics / Re: Three Equal Branches of Government - Oh Really?
« Last post by Mr. Blackwell on Today at 12:07:48 AM »
Senator John McCain or Chief of Staff Reince Priebus - Who gets it right?

*WARNING* Twisted logic to follow

Priebus is Republican Party loyalist and he will say whatever Trump tells him to say. If Trump says the media is bad then the media is bad. However, McCain is also a life long Republican so he cannot be trusted to give unbiased information either. Looks like the same 'ol political rope a dope.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10