Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Books / Re: What are you reading now?
« Last post by Emma286 on Today at 01:36:45 PM »
I've started to get distracted with Stephen King's "Rose Madder." I've taken the odd casual peek at it before but never read it all the way through. In recent days, did the same but this time have been feeling strongly drawn into the story. Now I'm really wanting to read it properly! Thinking I'm going to give the other one a break and go with this one for now. The other one isn't bad imo (so far) but this one is interesting me far more!
Science / Re: Global warming and health.
« Last post by kevin on Today at 09:28:35 AM »
tbe researchers say they controlled for obesity. the variance remaining in the data came from elsewhere.

i wonder whether the variance due to obesity was actually greater than that due to temperature, and therefore could be used to mitigate tbe symptoms.i duspect so. tbe increase was significant, but not really high.

i wonder what other physical issues are correlated with temperature that arent as sensational as sea level rise. malaria? mutation rate? cataracts?
On-Going Threads / Re: Project 365 : 2017 - A Photo A Day
« Last post by Mrs Pumpkin on Today at 07:37:08 AM »
Entertainment / Re: What Music Are You Listening To Now?
« Last post by Emma286 on Today at 07:33:32 AM »
Religion / Re: Christian Doctrine - Pop Quiz.
« Last post by eyeshaveit on Today at 05:25:05 AM »
"At the end of forty days Noah opened the window of the ark that he had made and sent forth a _____. It went to and fro until the waters were dried up from the earth. Then he sent forth a ____ from him, to see if the waters had subsided from the face of the ground." - Genesis 8.

What two birds did Noah send forth ?

Spoiler
"At the end of forty days Noah opened the window of the ark that he had made and sent forth a raven. It went to and fro until the waters were dried up from the earth. Then he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters had subsided from the face of the ground."
« Last post by 8livesleft on Today at 05:12:50 AM »

Our country is near the equator so I know how much hotter it is now.

Collectively, my family, friends and I have a range of allergies. For me, the last time I had skin allergies this bad was about 20 years ago when we also had a drought followed by heavy rains.

I've also heard of stories of guys dying from heat stroke. They weren't overweight and they were in their late 30s.

I've drastically limited my outdoor activities and workouts because of the heat.

So yeah, drink lots of water. Stay cool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Exactly. This threat needs to be taken seriously. I produce a study which draws a link to global warming and an increase in diabetes and so far received nothing but derision. Madness.

What are your plans for the next 20 years?

Not sure about diabetes and weather. A bigger link to diabetes would be the relationship with fast food intake imo.

But the skin allergies + strokes for sure there's a link.

Whatever it is, there are record temp changes. Lots of heat or cold beyond the norm has it's obvious effects so we all just need to adjust.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Religion / Re: Christian Life - Pop Exam - Essay Questions.
« Last post by eyeshaveit on Today at 04:58:29 AM »
"A 'relic' is a part of a deceased holy person's body or belongings kept as an object of reverence." - Google.

What is the controversy (if any) associated with Christian relics ?
News / Re: Religion in the News.
« Last post by eyeshaveit on Today at 04:48:35 AM »
Muslim Convert to Christianity Reveals 'Islamic Deception' to Fool Christians

"Some Muslims in the U.S. are spreading "Islamic deception" to fool Christians into believing that Christianity and Islam share common beliefs, a former imam from Egypt who converted to Christianity revealed.

"The subject was tackled by Dr. Mark Christian, the executive director at the Nebraska-based Christian nonprofit Global Faith Institute who was formerly a Sunni Muslim who converted to Christianity, The Christian Post reported.

"He became an imam when he was just 13 years old because of the influence exerted by his great uncle who was a co-founder of the Muslim Brotherhood. He began to question Islam around the age of 23, and eventually left the religion.

"Speaking at a webinar titled "Is Islam Luring the American Church Into Denying Jesus?" hosted by the American Pastors Network on Friday, Christian pointed out that some Muslims in the West are trying to distort the truth about Islam to make Christians believe that their faith is similar to Islam.

"He said one of the misconceptions being peddled by these Muslims is that Muslims also believe in the Bible.

"Christian said there is no truth to this, noting that that "there is no verse in the Quran that says they believe in the Bible."

"Another misconception, he said, is that Muslims also believe in Jesus Christ and the second coming of Christ.

"Christian said there is a big difference between Jesus according to Islam and Jesus according to Christians.

"First, he said Muslims "believe that Jesus was just a prophet and He did not die on the cross whatsoever but was replaced miraculously on the day of crucifixion by Judas, and Jesus was elevated up to Heaven."

"Christian said to Muslims, Jesus is not the son of God but just a prophet.

"He said many Muslims actually believe that Jesus will come back to destroy the Christian Church and "fight for the cause of Islam" before dying after He defeats the Antichrist.

"Nevertheless, despite the attempts by some Muslims to mislead Christians, he said, "Muslims are not the enemy, but Islam is."

"It is the sin that we are fighting and not the sinners. We are supposed to love the sinners," Christian said.

"Earlier this month, a former radical Islamist who became a Christian evangelist warned the West that Islamist extremists are waging jihad not just on the physical battlefield but also on other fronts such as education, population, media, and economical jihad.

"Isik Abla admitted that she herself was recruited to wage educational jihad by her first Muslim husband. She said wealthy fanatical Muslims are sending jihadist students to America and other Western countries to infiltrate the world's top universities as part of their group's ultimate objective to Islamize the West."

Hazel Torres - Christianity Today - March 27, 2017.
« Last post by none on Today at 04:05:23 AM »
What about them Broncos, Nuggets?

You think this is a hoax?
What global warming or correlation?
« Last post by Mr. Blackwell on Today at 04:03:42 AM »
What about them Broncos, Nuggets?

You think this is a hoax?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10