Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
On-Going Threads / Re: Project 365 : 2017 - A Photo A Day
« Last post by Mrs Pumpkin on Today at 12:58:17 PM »
On-Going Threads / Re: Project 365 : 2017 - A Photo A Day
« Last post by Mrs Pumpkin on Today at 12:57:57 PM »
@SkunkButt (recipe on my blog soon  ||razz||)
Politics / Re: What's wrong with America today
« Last post by eyeshaveit on Today at 11:11:52 AM »
I pulled these sample AFQT (Armed Forces Qualifying Test) questions off the Internet:

Mathematical Knowledge
1. A triangle has a base measuring 12cm and a height of 12cm. What is its area?

a.24cm2
b.56cm2
c.72cm2
d.144cm2

2. Simply the following expression:

(3x2 * 7x7)+ (2y3 * 9y12)
a.21x14 + 18y26
b.10x9 + 11y15
c.21x14 + 18y15
d.21x9 + 18y15

3. If x/3 + 27 = 30, what is the value of x?

a.3
b.6
c.9
d.12

4. What is the slope of a line with points A (4,1) and B (-13,8)?

a.7/17
b.-7/17
c.-17/7
d.17/7

5. If x is 20% of 200, what is the value of x?

a.40
b.80
c.100
d.150 

To answer these questions requires a cultural background which includes schooling in a little basic geometry and algebra, not just raw native intelligence.  If people can't answer the timed questions correctly because of inexperience with the matter, nothing can be concluded about their raw, natural intelligence.

Human beings have different levels of raw native intelligence.
To become productive members of society, people require a measure of training and experience.
A second-step, or government officials, come out of the pool of business, professionals, scientists, teachers, etc.

The point being, is it 'fair' to test (IQ) of college graduates, or are their grades enough of an indication of intelligence and acumen ?

The question is relevant, because our society is failing in sizeable areas of educational development and government management; with the 'blind' often teaching and leading us.

Religion / Re: In-and-Out --- The Lazy Atheist Strikes Again.
« Last post by eyeshaveit on Today at 10:20:24 AM »
Outside of the Bible, there is no historical record of the Apostle Paul.

These things, brethren, I write to you concerning righteousness, not because I take anything upon myself, but because you have invited me to do so. For neither I, nor any other such one, can come up to the wisdom 2 Peter 3:15 of the blessed and glorified Paul. - Polycarp, AD 69-155

Wherefore it behoves us also to live according to the will of God in Christ, and to imitate Him as Paul did. For, says he, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." Ignatius of Antioch, c. AD 35-108

Take up the epistle of the blessed Apostle Paul. What did he write to you at the time when the Gospel first began to be preached? Truly, under the inspiration of the Spirit, he wrote to you concerning himself, and Cephas, and Apollos, because even then parties had been formed among you. - Clement of Rome, 35 AD to c. 100 AD.

Composer, You don't know the truth. You are captive to lies.
driv·el
ˈdrivəl/
noun
silly nonsense.
"don't talk such drivel!"
synonyms:   nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo, garbage; More
verb
talk nonsense.
"he was driveling on about the glory days"
synonyms:   talk nonsense, talk rubbish, babble, ramble, gibber, blather, prattle, gabble, waffle
"you always drivel on"
archaic
let saliva or mucus flow from the mouth or nose; dribble.
Feedback

This is a consistent definition.   And the consistent word from me is blather.
||think||

You weren't asked to ' define  it ' you were asked to legitimately substantiate your assertion against your Vindicated Mentor & Saviour Moi!

Unlike Superior & Vindicated Moi, your intellectual prowess is so low, you can't even comprehend the distinction!

Your Vindicated Mentor, Saviour & Redeemer, Vindicated, Benevolent, Wise, Vindicated Moi!  ||whistling||

||popcorn||
Non-Theism / Re: The Autonomous Self - Humanist Wisdom :
« Last post by eyeshaveit on Today at 10:15:06 AM »
"There is no evidence that any of our books was authored by the Creator of the universe. The Bible, it seems certain, was the work of sand-strewn men and women who thought the earth was flat and for whom a wheelbarrow would have been a breathtaking example of emerging technology." - Sam Harris.
Religion / Re: He is risen
« Last post by QuestionMark on Today at 10:12:35 AM »

These things, brethren, I write to you concerning righteousness, not because I take anything upon myself, but because you have invited me to do so. For neither I, nor any other such one, can come up to the wisdom 2 Peter 3:15 of the blessed and glorified Paul. - Polycarp, AD 69-155

Wherefore it behoves us also to live according to the will of God in Christ, and to imitate Him as Paul did. For, says he, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." Ignatius of Antioch, c. AD 35-108

Take up the epistle of the blessed Apostle Paul. What did he write to you at the time when the Gospel first began to be preached? Truly, under the inspiration of the Spirit, he wrote to you concerning himself, and Cephas, and Apollos, because even then parties had been formed among you. - Clement of Rome, 35 AD to c. 100 AD.

Composer, You don't know the truth. You are captive to lies.
« Last post by composer on Today at 08:06:00 AM »
Composer, You don't accept the truth.
||think||

As I consistently prove, YOU & Co don't have the Truth!

But I do!

The Truth keeps me Free from diseased & corrupted ideological contamination like yours!

||popcorn||

« Last post by QuestionMark on Today at 07:47:23 AM »
Composer, You don't accept the truth.
« Last post by composer on Today at 06:53:03 AM »

Wherefore it behoves us also to live according to the will of God in Christ, and to imitate Him as Paul did. For, says he, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."[8] Ignatius of Antioch, c. AD 35-108

||think||

All based upon hearsay & personal bias about this MYTHICAL Pauly!!

"Christianity in its origin was nothing else than a Jewish-Messianic movement ... the figure of Jesus had never existed, but represented a symbolization and personification of thoughts that could only make full headway in the second century. A gnostic messianic community later appeared alongside the Jewish-Christian messianic community. In the period between 70 and 135 CE the two groups opposed one another with bitter animosity.

"Only in the middle of the second century did they achieve a reconciliation, in which the gnostic community had Paul as its representative and the Jewish-Christian community had Peter. The result of this process of reconciliation was the formation of the Roman Catholic Church. ... the letters of Paul are all inauthentic and represent the product of the newly-believing, gnostic-messianic community."

The Catholic church didn't create the NT books, but redacted them strategically to unite the Petrine Jewish-Christians camp with the Pauline Marcionites (Gentile Christian) camp, resulting in a durable church system.  Paul was a reworked Simon the Magician.

The Fabricated Paul: Early Christianity in the Twilight
http://www.egodeath.com/TheFabricatedPaul.htm

Hermann Detering (1995)

&

Paul of Tarsus

Part II: summary

Thanks to the historical methodology that we are following - which allows us to verify truths and falsifications by comparing New Testament scriptures with the historiography of the time and archaeology - we can demonstrate that Saint Paul was an invented character . . . . (Source: http://www.gospelsandhistory.eu/approfondimento.asp?ID=26)

You are a false accuser = jebus reject (1 John 3:6) but Agent of your Devil (1 John 3:8)  ||razz||

Your Vindicated Mentor & Saviour Moi!  ||whistling||

||popcorn||
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10