Author Topic: Pity Party Invitation - Shed a tear or wail if you want to  (Read 77 times)  Share 

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
eyes, you began this thread with a partial post quoting me, but you did not include the entire post:

The "evolution" of peppered moth, pocket gopher, or border collie colors holds the same interest for me as learning to tie my shoes: no need; not interested; please move on.

eyes, the man who asks a question but won't listen to the answer has only himself to blame for his lack of understanding.

The gentleman scientist wonders, how we have carnivorous sponges, crabs, bedbugs, turtles, toads, owls, giraffes and human beings all arising from a single cell 'kick-start' with no outside force or design plan ?

your question was not genuine. you actually have no interest in an answer.

given that, you don't need me, so i'll leave you to your wondering.

no hard feelings.

your incomplete quotation was misleading at best, and dishonest at worst. because you did not include the post to which i was responding, you have manufactured an inaccurate conversation in which your disinterest in the answers to your questions is concealed:

The "evolution" of peppered moth, pocket gopher, or border collie colors holds the same interest for me as learning to tie my shoes: no need; not interested; please move on.

Incomplete quotation ?
Manufactured conversation ?
Misleading - dishonest at worst ?
Disinterested in answers to questions ?

Oh, let's have a 'pity party'; invitation's in the mail - pity party defined:
"An instance of indulging in self-pity or eliciting pity from other people" - Google.
It's your pity party - cry if you want to - "You would cry too if it happened to you" - Lesley Gore.

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
Re: Pity Party Invitation - Shed a tear or wail if you want to
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 06:59:17 AM »
your incomplete quotation was misleading at best, and dishonest at worst. because you did not include the post to which i was responding, you have manufactured an inaccurate conversation in which your disinterest in the answers to your questions is concealed:

A teacher stuck in the soup, and refusing to move on to the main entrée, is quite the picture of disinterest.
But no hard feelings, bud, it's your party.

@ kevin   

Offline Emma286

• Valued Member
  • What we think we become
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:15:32 AM »
Any excuse to join a party is fine by me, do I get a slice of chocolate or carrot cake? If so I'm in! :-D

Kidding! Just trying to ease the tension here! ;-)

Hoping you guys can work this out.
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 08:05:44 AM »
Any excuse to join a party is fine by me, do I get a slice of chocolate or carrot cake? If so I'm in! :-D

It's a fabulous orange-crumb cake recipe - enjoy.

Offline Emma286

• Valued Member
  • What we think we become
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:15 AM »

It's a fabulous orange-crumb cake recipe - enjoy.

Sounds good to me, I'm in! :-D
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 12:13:26 AM »
Crumb cake.   Well, maybe three handkerchiefs was not enough.  I hope Kevin makes it soon.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

- IGI Chat