Author Topic: lol. new policy.  (Read 191 times)  Share 

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
lol. new policy.
« on: March 31, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »
i reported a post a long time ago for misquoting a member, a day or two after the post was published. forgot all about it until i got a response today from Admin Bot:

kevin,

You reported this post for a Rule/Etiquette violation.  As this post is past our Statute of Limitations, we will be taking no further action.  If you have any questions or comments, please message a staff member.

Thank you,
The IGI Staff

(Automated message - Do not reply directly to this account.)

admins and moderators, it would be simpler to just delete any reports of rule violations immediately, rather than waiting 30 days for the software to do it for you.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" ---yellow dog racing

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
Re: lol. new policy.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
i reported a post a long time ago for misquoting a member, a day or two after the post was published. forgot all about it until i got a response today from Admin Bot:

kevin,

You reported this post for a Rule/Etiquette violation.  As this post is past our Statute of Limitations, we will be taking no further action.  If you have any questions or comments, please message a staff member.

Thank you,
The IGI Staff

(Automated message - Do not reply directly to this account.)

admins and moderators, it would be simpler to just delete any reports of rule violations immediately, rather than waiting 30 days for the software to do it for you.

The Statute of Limitations runs out when the Mods can't reach a consensus (tied or whatever) during the 30 days. Is that the correct understanding ?

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 10:09:04 AM »
clearly verified rule violations (like a misquote) can be acted on by a single moderator, or at least that was the policy when i was mod 02.

runnning out the clock on a misquote report shows a lack of involvement, not discussion.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" ---yellow dog racing

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
clearly verified rule violations (like a misquote) can be acted on by a single moderator, or at least that was the policy when i was mod 02.

runnning out the clock on a misquote report shows a lack of involvement, not discussion.

Then taking no action on a reported post is hard to explain; time really can't be the issue, can it ?

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 03:39:10 PM »
no, eyes, it's lack of interest.

this is a list of current staff. any of them can act on a report. i've struck through inactive members:

Son of Man
Admin HE -- Happy Evolute
Admin JustMyron -- JustMyron

Admin Moo -- Mooby the Golden Sock (Forum Owner)
Admin Assy -- Assyriankey
Admin FGOH -- FGOH
Admin Teaspoon -- Teaspoon Shallow

Our moderators are:

Moderator 01 -- Happy Evolute
Moderator 02 -- Jay
Moderator 03 -- Hemingway

Moderator 04 -- FGOH
Moderator 06 -- Woodrow LI
Moderator 07 -- Assyriankey
Moderator 08 -- Energy

Moderator 09 -- Mooby the Golden Sock
Moderator 10 -- Captain Luke
Moderator 11 -- Teaspoon Shallow (Head Mod)
Moderator 12 -- Case
Moderator 13 -- Jezzebelle
Moderator 14 -- Kiahanie

people are busy, and moderating is a thankless task. hence it's done haphazardly.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:23:41 PM by kevin »

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 06:59:09 PM »
people are busy, and moderating is a thankless task. hence it's done haphazardly.

No argument here, but hard to believe that you can't get an adequate 'hearing' within 30 days ||whistling|| ???

Offline Case

• Prodigal Son &
  • Valued Member
  • Ecclesia semper reformanda
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 10:52:30 PM »
I've not been around here much lately. Life got busy.  ||tip hat||
"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

Offline Augusto

• Still a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:28:01 AM »
Hmm... I think this is good. Having people willing to offer some criticism to the staff is a healthy thing. Hopefully, IGI will stay being an awesome place.

Offline FGOH

• I might take a picture of your
  • Valued Member
  • Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 07:57:17 AM »
It's a new management technique. If you ignore something for long enough it will go away!

Actually I am surprised not to be on the list of inactive members as I am hardly ever here. Sorry, folks.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 10:11:03 AM »
lol

welcome back, farmer giles

Offline FGOH

• I might take a picture of your
  • Valued Member
  • Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 03:06:53 PM »
Thanks, kevin. I'm not really back, as such, but I looked in to try to keep my mind off the younger pug, who had to be put to sleep on Tuesday. :-(
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 09:52:18 PM »
sorry to hear that

our current oldest has gone completely deaf but will furiously pound his tail on the floor whenever you walk into his field of vision, without getting up. can still walk but won't run.

be a shame when i have to shoot him, but he's had a terrific run for ten or twelve years now.

- IGI Chat