Author Topic: Still think "the flood" was mythological  (Read 359 times)  Share 

Offline none

• Twice a
  • Valued Member
Re: Still think "the flood" was mythological
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 10:12:35 PM »
One of the problems we have is the earth tide.  The land rises and falls and moves about but because it is "solid" we consider that it is a fixed permanent reference from which we can base our observations from.

With the establishment of the GPS navigation satellites, a two foot earth tide has been observed at Hawaii where the island rise and fall around two feet vertically on a very regular basis.

There are some very large rift valleys which are covered by oceans around the world and if these rift valleys were to rise again, the sea levels would also rise.

There are accounts in the "many oral" mythical historical accounts that while the "family" that was being saved in the "ark" that the waters in which they were floating was violently heaving and waves caused their floating boat to bob about like a floating cork.

The explanation of this is that during this nearly one year period the land masses as we know them today were formed with the mountains being formed/raised up and the valleys in between becoming the channels for rainfall to flow by gravity towards all of the low points within the land.  Also during this time the earth's crust descended into the depths and was covered by water that became salty within a few seasons of flooding rains.

Geologists once thought that the changes in the earth's crust was very slow and that it required millions of years for the observable transforms of the earths crust and the respective "layers" to form.  However, in resent times, we have also been able to observed the same localised transforming outcomes occurring within a couple of traumatic days of upheaval.

It all depends on just how we tell the story and what people find believable.

The Climate change models are steady state affairs with no regard to random events where very large energy releases occur, such as lighting, volcanos etc. can have very large impacts on the outcomes of the various prediction models that are being used to engineer change within peoples behaviour.

Within these prediction models, they all contains some lies, wrapped around indisputable facts. 

Change comes about because of the unreliable feelings of people and their wish of not experiencing any "change."

However, change can come about rapidly within our lives, when a "person" takes hold of a rapid disbursal device to force their will onto other people with the corresponding carnage that goes hand and hand with these devices.

To say that the "flood" story is mythical is just like saying that God does not exist and that our world just randomly happened without reason or logic to explain all the events along the way.

Sadly we all want a "reasonable story" on which to hang our hats of believe on.  We claim that there is no God but we still want His tenants of morality on which to build our society around, "You shall not kill.",  "You shall not steal.", "You shall not commit adultery." etc. etc. etc. as long as we do not get caught doing these very things.  We do not believe in a "God" but we tend to act "god" like in our daily lives as we selfishly impose our values on other people and expect them to comply with our desires.

But this does sound to be too religious, but then our personal tenants of existence can only be described as our own personal religious basis for our own “existence”.

Shalom
Was that before or after abiogenesis?
If you dont want to believe in sin dont believe in the supernatural
If you read the Bible backwards everybody lives
First I told my imaginary friend about Jesus, then I told Jesus about my imaginary friend.
God is s comedian and you are his joke.

Offline Tom

• Valued Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2017, 10:28:11 PM »
<snip>

Is this what you are talking about: -  http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

It is a new form of a religion where scientists are the high priests of the people's belief.

Offline none

• Twice a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 10:32:13 PM »
<snip>

Is this what you are talking about: -  http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

It is a new form of a religion where scientists are the high priests of the people's belief.
No it's an event
It's either building blocks of life came together naturally or they didn't, science
Saying life began with supernatural influence is psuedoscience
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:41:00 PM by none »
If you dont want to believe in sin dont believe in the supernatural
If you read the Bible backwards everybody lives
First I told my imaginary friend about Jesus, then I told Jesus about my imaginary friend.
God is s comedian and you are his joke.

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 11:41:01 PM »
Why do you, none, take a morality tale as verbatim?

As Maggie the Opinionated said, behind every myth is a reality!   

Honestly, Mr. Blackwell, I thought you understood that the latest on evolution is that it took probably more than 4 million years to happen.  The current ice age has been here for 2.9 million years. 

I saw a video on Salutrian carvings.  Ever hear of Clovis First!   American archaeologists, years ago, claimed that the artifacts uncovered at Clovis, NM, were the earliest native artifacts.   They were then found all over the eastern states and as far as into Canada.  But they turned out to resemble Salutrian artifacts found off the coast of France.  Notice I said "off the coast of France"!   So, France had a "flood" occasion also.   

Does that mean that the Noah story is true?   For me it shows that people have always struggled to find significance in their lives and a meaning that goes beyond the merely symbolic. 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2017, 12:14:13 AM »
Honestly, Mr. Blackwell, I thought you understood that the latest on evolution is that it took probably more than 4 million years to happen.  The current ice age has been here for 2.9 million years. 

I'm not the one claiming Noah's world wide flood to be a myth. I'm not the one arguing that global flooding is impossible.

I am using Al Gore's words and "scientific" predictions as comparison to events others have written about in the past.
If they respected America they would have broken the law and came here illegally.

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2017, 12:31:46 AM »
I do owe you an apology, Mr. Blackwell.   During my writing I realized I was kind of barking up the wrong tree and I apologize for that. 

But then I had a different post in mind that I was responding to.  I am to blame for not making that distinction.   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

- IGI Chat