Author Topic: Here begins what I hope will be a deep discussion!  (Read 1513 times)  Share 

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
Re: Here begins what I hope will be a deep discussion!
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2017, 03:50:12 PM »
No, but ok.   Same old Sh$t!    I do like the other thread you started, though! 

Maybe compos(t)er will be accepted.   
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:08:54 AM by davdi »
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2017, 01:25:53 AM »
I am neither Calvinist nor Armenian.  I am neither Holiness nor Diseenter.   

Christianity had to begin somewhere.  What is the one thing without which you have no Christianity?   As Paul notes "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself"!  In other words there has to be the incarnation. 

Christianity is not about regeneration, it is not about sanctification, it is not about justification.  What Paul does in terms of those words is to put into terms his people would understand what he was trying to about how he understood Christianity.  Christianity is not about election nor is it about predestination!   Christianity is not about how or how many times your get acted upon in baptism. 

Christianity is about a God saying, don't worry, I love you!  Go about your life as good people.  As Paul says, "the fruits of the spirit are ....... against such there is no law!"   And that is right.  That is also why Jesus told the Woman, "go, and sin no more!"   We know how to do right. 

Here's where sin enters the human experience. ( If compos(t)er were to truly challenge himself he would probably not ....... that's is just so much whistling in the wind.)     In every religion there is a recognition of simple, basic human values, and a recognition that we sometimes go wrong.  AND OH HOW WRONG THE CHURCH HAS GONE!   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Valued Member
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2017, 04:04:55 AM »
Hi, Goombah, good to hear from you. 

Seriously, the major reasons I have from atheists for their disavowal of god is how Christians behave.  For me the scales are balanced.  But the truth is we are a distempered lot.   And the truth is that god knew it, too! 

The Bible sopports this.

"Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of truth will be spoken of abusively" (2 Peter 2:2)

Jehovah is the one marching before you, and he will continue with you. He will neither desert you nor abandon you. Do not be afraid or be terrified.

Deuteronomy 31:8

Offline none

• Twice a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2017, 04:59:58 AM »
If truth of the claim is important then where is the evidence?
I'm just not seeing how the facts of the facts is understood
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 05:14:37 AM by none »
If you dont want to believe in sin dont believe in the supernatural
If you read the Bible backwards everybody lives
First I told my imaginary friend about Jesus, then I told Jesus about my imaginary friend.
God is s comedian and you are his joke.

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2017, 02:22:59 AM »
None, truth has nothing to do with this, that is, scientific truth!   Science has nothing to do with religion.   When we talk about truth in the religious sense, we have a totally different approach to it.   I'm not asking you to accept what I say.  Do I get the same courtesy?

বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Online composer

• Under my genuine loving supervision!
  • Valued Member
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2017, 02:50:09 AM »
Science has nothing to do with religion.
||razz||

||think||

The Holey bible quotes various alleged scientific - divinely ordained scientific based assertions, so your claim above remains spurious!

'Your Vindicated Mentor, Saviour & Redeemer, Vindicated, Benevolent Moi!'

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

Offline ak.yonathan

• Valued Member
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2017, 04:14:14 AM »
If that's true than religion is absolutely worthless, because it means that it has nothing to do with reality. Science is the study of reality, after all.

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2017, 05:09:56 AM »

If that's true than religion is absolutely worthless, because it means that it has nothing to do with reality. Science is the study of reality, after all.
+ 1

&

"  . . When a scientific theory disagrees with the data, the theory is discarded. When a religious theory disagrees with the data, the data are discarded. " by Richard Dawkins
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2017, 02:19:58 PM »
Ok, ak!   How do you scientifically observe love?   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2017, 03:12:45 AM »
Ok, ak!   How do you scientifically observe love?
||think||

Try leading by example, i.e. this imaginary God of love says the following is an example of its (ahem) ' love ' mentality -

Deu 23:1  "No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the LORD. ESV Holey Story book

&

"Love" is a word, a concept that is used to understand aspects of human experience.
What if I experience the same sorts of feelings that we tend to label "love" but then decide to interpret it differently and make different decisions based on it? The brain chemistry could be for something that isn't love in and of itself but is only turned into love because we are taught that if we are experiencing X,Y, and Z physical signs, feelings, or behaviors therefore it is "love".
Doesn't mean science can't explain it but in psychology there's too narrow of a focus on the brain, on chemicals, they should examine the entire process as a single process, that involves recognizing that the words that people tell us in each and every moment and how that interacts with the brain(and how that brain is the same thing as our worldview/experience from moment-to-moment) have an impact on psychology.
Get to understand the mind as a system based on how you experience things(including the physical, tangible, as well as thoughts and feelings, just anything and everything you notice and don't feel like you must use certain categories or schemata in order to understand it) in everyday life. In time you may notice how very little things in your past experience influenced who you are now, and discover that there are even things thought commonsense about the mind now which are only the product of collective story-telling over eons of human history.
Posted by: MasturDbtor (More at: http://www.debate.org/opinions/can-science-explain-love)

||popcorn||

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2017, 03:37:18 AM »
Hey, composer, did you know

In 2014 Steinway & Sons built their 600,000 Steinway piano.  This Steinway Model D, Serial number 600000 will be unveiled in 2015.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2017, 01:51:04 AM »
Well, composter, I've decided to take a page from your book.   You like to refer to scripture by book, chapter and verse, here's one for you. 

John 8:44
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2017, 02:53:06 AM »
Well, composter, I've decided to take a page from your book.   You like to refer to scripture by book, chapter and verse, here's one for you. 

John 8:44
||think||

I am Vindicated yet again by your deciding to follow in my successful Mentoring steps!  ||wink||

Trouble for you is that you are quoting from the same Story book I refer to, which is as proved, just a fallible human devised Story book after all!

What do you wish to convey by your quoting Story book fallible propaganda?

Your Vindicated Mentor, Vindicated Mentor, Vindicated Saviour, Vindicated Redeemer, Vindicated Wise, Vindicated Benevolent, Vindicated Moi!

I would say more but I'm far far too Modest!

As far as your ' Deep Discussion ' goes, you just dug a massive hole for yourselves, your turn again this time here, in which I and your propaganda bury you!

||popcorn||

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2017, 04:43:11 AM »
Yup.,  you are vindicated.  Too bad you didn't check out the verse

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

I guess that will get me cornered!  I've been there because of what I've called you earlier.  But this is just an opinion you have forced me into.  Thanks, your vindicated  disserver purveyor of nothing.  Sleep well tonight.   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2017, 05:20:07 AM »
Yup.,  you are vindicated.  Too bad you didn't check out the verse

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Sleep well tonight.
||think||

I invariably do, especially more so when folk try to defend their claims with a Story book founded upon proven MYTHS! (e.g. Prov. 30:25 & 30)

||popcorn||

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2017, 06:27:45 AM »
And when you use scriptural references to refute us, are you not doing the same thing?   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2017, 06:58:16 AM »
And when you use scriptural references to refute us, are you not doing the same thing?
||think||

I am simply predominantly using your own supposed ammunition to defeat you & Co.!

||popcorn||

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »
Good luck with that composter. 

It's hard to defeat a belief system when you don't understand the depth of it.  You are out of you league and will only draw verses like that from us! 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »
I am simply predominantly using your own supposed ammunition to defeat you & Co.!

Lock and load :

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2017, 01:06:22 AM »
Good luck with that composter. 

It's hard to defeat a belief system when you don't understand the depth of it. 
||think||

What are you alleging I don't understand, what belief system? (Proofs required!)  ||razz||

You are out of you league and will only draw verses like that from us!
||think||

Draw as many verses as you like because I have already unambiguously proved the bible is founded upon MYTHS, e.g. jebus, Prov. 30:25  & 30 to name a few!  ||whistling||

Your eternally Vindicated Mentor, Saviour & Redeemer, Benevolent, Wise,  Modest  Vindicated Moi!  ||wink||

||popcorn||

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2017, 01:11:35 AM »

Seriously, the major reasons I have from atheists for their disavowal of god is how Christians behave.  For me the scales are balanced.  But the truth is we are a distempered lot.   And the truth is that god knew it, too! 

The Bible sopports this.

"Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of truth will be spoken of abusively" (2 Peter 2:2)
||think||

You are referring to the immoral, rotten-fruit producing Botchtower of course jst!  ||thumbs||

Shocking as it is, even some who have been prominent in Jehovah's organization have succumbed to immoral practices, including homosexuality, wife swapping, and child molesting. It is to be noted, also, that during the past year, 36,638 individuals had to be disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation, the greater number of them for practicing immorality. (*** w86 1/1 13 Days Like "the Days of Noah" ***)

||popcorn||

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2017, 01:27:18 AM »
myth
miTH/
noun
plural noun: myths
a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
synonyms:   folk tale, folk story, legend, tale, story, fable, saga, mythos, lore, folklore, mythology
"ancient Greek myths"
a widely held but false belief or idea.
"he wants to dispel the myth that sea kayaking is too risky or too strenuous"

Yeah, myths, like "waltzing Matilda", Betsy Ross creating our flag, Paul Bunyan, the British victory over the Spanish Armada, that Feminsm is a good thing, undzoveiter!   

Unfortunately for you, composter, the world was created, humans are alive, we do have reasons for doing what we do.   Religion is one way in which humans from every country have dealt with their lives.   If you want to prove Christianity false, the Judeo-Christian tradition, that is, attacking it from the points of view that you really only hear others doing, dig deeper.   

বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2017, 01:30:17 AM »

The Bible sopports this.

||think||

You are referring to the immoral, rotten-fruit producing Botchtower of course jst!  ||thumbs||

Shocking as it is, even some who have been prominent in Jehovah's organization have succumbed to immoral practices, including homosexuality, wife swapping, and child molesting. It is to be noted, also, that during the past year, 36,638 individuals had to be disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation, the greater number of them for practicing immorality. (*** w86 1/1 13 Days Like "the Days of Noah" ***)

||popcorn||

Really.  You attack me for this!   You really have stooped low, low!   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2017, 02:26:22 AM »
Really.  You attack me for this!   You really have stooped low, low!
||think||

If you had read the Post correctly you should have noticed it was addressed to jst! -

You are referring to the immoral, rotten-fruit producing Botchtower of course jst!

In your desperation you resort again to falsely accusing!  ||busted||

||popcorn||

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2017, 02:24:59 PM »
JST may say what he wants. 

Do you know anything about the Millerite movement?  Yes, I asked you if you know anything about the Millerite movement.  I have counted some JW's among my friends and the vitriol with which you attack him can only justified in the mind of ignorance and slavish mentality to a corruption of the truth.  Further more I admire their persistence as much as I admire that of the Mormon missionary. 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2017, 02:24:02 AM »

Do you know anything about the Millerite movement?  Yes, I asked you if you know anything about the Millerite movement.  I have counted some JW's among my friends and the vitriol with which you attack him can only justified in the mind of ignorance and slavish mentality to a corruption of the truth.  Further more I admire their persistence as much as I admire that of the Mormon missionary.
||think||

Admire what you like, it doesn't make them truthful!

Meanwhile, your accusations against me remain exposed as spurious!

Try answering e.g. the following, instead of trying to make more diversions in lieu of your abject failures!

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,63144.msg832052.html#msg832052

Your Vindicated Mentor, Vindicated Saviour, Vindicated Redeemer, Vindicated Wise, Benevolent Moi!

||popcorn||

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »

||think||

Admire what you like, it doesn't make them truthful!

Meanwhile, your accusations against me remain exposed as spurious!

Try answering e.g. the following, instead of trying to make more diversions in lieu of your abject failures!

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,63144.msg832052.html#msg832052

Your Vindicated Mentor, Vindicated Saviour, Vindicated Redeemer, Vindicated Wise, Benevolent Moi!

||popcorn||

Back to the same old drivel, composer! 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »
Since made no attempt to answer my question about the Millerite movement, I am forced to conclude you know nothing about Christianity or its propositions.  You know nothing of church history.   You know nothing of the causes of church distinctions, and you don't care about it either.

You have found a few obscure verses that you think are highly relevant to your vomit and insist that we believe them.  Why should we believe you?   You are uneducated and glory in your insoucian.  You are supremely egotistical and condescending.   None of that is appealing in any way. 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

Online composer

• Valued Member
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2017, 12:49:18 AM »
Since made no attempt to answer my question about the Millerite movement, I am forced to conclude you know nothing about Christianity or its propositions.  You know nothing of church history.   You know nothing of the causes of church distinctions, and you don't care about it either.

You have found a few obscure verses that you think are highly relevant to your vomit and insist that we believe them.  Why should we believe you?   You are uneducated and glory in your insoucian.  You are supremely egotistical and condescending.   None of that is appealing in any way.
||think||

Insult me with your ignorance as you will, however you have still to legitimately demonstrate that what I say is incorrect?

Your Vindicated Mentor & Saviour Benevolent,  Wise, Vindicated Moi!

You? well not so!  ||razz||

||popcorn||

Offline davdi

• Valued Member
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2017, 01:22:53 AM »

||think||

Insult me with your ignorance as you will, however you have still to legitimately demonstrate that what I say is incorrect?

Your Vindicated Mentor & Saviour Benevolent,  Wise, Vindicated Moi!

You? well not so!  ||razz||

||popcorn||

Are you able to nderstand English at all???  You haven't even heard of the Millerite movement?  I know about it, that in no way in hell makes me ignorant.  You show a very childish impetuousness!   

What ignorance have I shown?   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no too

- IGI Chat