Author Topic: why are you here?  (Read 663 times)  Share 

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
Re: why are you here?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2017, 06:18:25 PM »
OK, so when is the last time YOU went up to a complete stranger, face to face, and warned them of hell?  When was the last time YOU knocked on the door of a stranger and "witnessed" to them?

Knock on doors, no - but my habit is talk to strangers, acquaintances and friends about the Lord, the Gospel and my faith.

What I am finding is that Christians like to talk to other Christians about winning souls for Jesus, sharing techniques and tactics, but they seldom (if ever) actually put them into practice. 

Same with apologetics - there are many on-line blogs that offer Christian apologetic materials and resources, but just try to get anyone associated with the blog to put their techniques to use and you get a big dose of silence.  I have tried.

People are busy; people have different callings; there are dozens of reasons, but conversation is always available 'somewhere; somehow'.

Just finished a thirty lesson online course about the resurrection by Dr.Gary Habermas, but there would be no recriminations if Dr. Habermas was too busy to engage in an email discussion with me. 

BTW - This is the Testimonials Board = "Describe your beliefs here. No disagreements please - implied or otherwise."

Perhaps you should start a new thread to fully develop this subject, but not on this board.

Offline Mooby the Golden Sock

• So it goes.
  • Valued Member
  • Moo!
Re: why are you here?
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 02:51:14 AM »
Anyway, I guess I am here to see what sort of dialogue there is.  Based on the few interactions I have had so far, I am not optimistic.
You could always challenge someone to a formal debate on the Debate board.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

- IGI Chat