Author Topic: Eight States Consider Laws Allowing Religion To Be Taught In Science Classes  (Read 356 times)  Share 

Offline ak.yonathan

• Valued Member

Personally, I don't think any religious beliefs should be taught in a Science class.

Personally, I don't think there should be a dichotomy between science and religion. If something is labelled as religion that doesn't necessarily mean that it's not science.

Sent from my SM-T331 using Tapatalk

Offline wabbit111

• Valued Member

Personally, I don't think any religious beliefs should be taught in a Science class.

Personally, I don't think there should be a dichotomy between science and religion. If something is labelled as religion that doesn't necessarily mean that it's not science.

Do you have any examples, I'm struggling to think of any.
Don't quote me on that........

Offline ak.yonathan

• Valued Member

Do you have any examples, I'm struggling to think of any.
At this point no, nothing comes to mind. Doesn't mean they're not out there, though.

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
Kevin, do I really need to search the forum to see if I have ever posted my previous residences before reporting you? Clearly you know you're floundering if you are resorting to doxxing me in lieu of making an actual argument. I'll reply to the meat of your post after it's removed.

mooby, i have no idea what any of ^this is supposed to mean.

would you please dumb it down for me so i can understand you?

ah, i see.

you needn't bother to reply, mooby. i've made the point that needed to be made. whether you agree doesn't matter.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" ---yellow dog racing

Offline Boots

• Keep your hands off my
  • Valued Member
  • Livin' the Dream
nothing i have read since my post means jack s**t to a registered voter who believes in creationism.

sorry, no cigar.

what could prove creationism wrong?  (this is a real, legitimate question that MUST be answered)

re-posting this, because it's important (nay, critical)
Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Offline bad actor

• Valued Member
  • Godless
nothing i have read since my post means jack s**t to a registered voter who believes in creationism.

sorry, no cigar.

what could prove creationism wrong?  (this is a real, legitimate question that MUST be answered)

Good point... If something can't be falsified, then where can you really go from there?
“There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.” —G.K. Chesterton

Offline Boots

• Keep your hands off my
  • Valued Member
  • Livin' the Dream

sorry, no cigar.

Good point... If something can't be falsified, then where can you really go from there?

exactly.  Unfalsifiable = NOT science
Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Offline kevin

• Valued Member

sorry, no cigar.

nothing, as far as i know, boots.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" ---yellow dog racing

Offline kevin

• Valued Member

- IGI Chat