Author Topic: Outrage! Hillary pals abusing kids to fulfill agenda  (Read 495 times)  Share 

Offline bad actor

• Valued Member
  • Godless
Re: Outrage! Hillary pals abusing kids to fulfill agenda
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 03:52:25 AM »
Also, I presume you are able to wash your car? Well, guess what? There are places that hire people to do that.

I used to wash and detail cars. There's good money to be made doing that.

I believe you. There are certain locations around Vegas that do very well, especially the hand wash places. Back when I still cared about my trucks appearance, I used to go to a hand wash place. The people that worked there had all been there a long time. I'm sure the guys would get several hundred just in tips on Saturdays and Sundays. ||smiley||

Are people expected to have a certain amount of previous job experience/certain qualifications before anybody will consider hiring them for that kind of job though? Just thinking that, if so, and if somebody lacks those things, then that would be a valid employment barrier.

It's getting to where you have to have experience before you can get any job anymore. I'm guessing that as the worlds population continues to grow exponentially and businesses automate and just generally figure out how to operate without humans...it will be harder and harder to get any kind of job. ||smileysad||
“There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.” —G.K. Chesterton

Offline Emma286

• Valued Member
  • What we think we become
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2017, 01:18:36 PM »
Good to know. I am guessing that was pretty much the same (if not the same) as being a car valet?

Going by this info here https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/car-valet sounds to me like the typical salary offered (going by what you mentioned) for that kind of work is quite a bit better than over here in the U.K!
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Offline Emma286

• Valued Member
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2017, 01:33:35 PM »
It's getting to where you have to have experience before you can get any job anymore. I'm guessing that as the worlds population continues to grow exponentially and businesses automate and just generally figure out how to operate without humans...it will be harder and harder to get any kind of job. ||smileysad||

Yeah...not too surprised to hear that.

Silly thing is, if unemployment becomes such a massive thing, because of companies/businesses taking that kind of approach, there'll be far less customers around who can afford to buy their products - given they'll have no income.
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2017, 03:59:37 PM »

actually, that depends on what kind of job you're trying to get.

if you want to work on an assembly line, that's pretty much going away. lots already has.

if you want to work as a bank teller, computers and calculators have resulted in hundreds of jobs going away.

if you want to chop cotton, no-till farming and GMOs have almost done away with it.

however, if you drive a dump truck, automation is not a threat. or if you want to work as a cowboy, automation is not in your future. ditto beekeeping, farmer's market vendor, paleontologist, professional ecologist. want to raise specialty poultry? no threat. diagnose and repair automotive engine and chassis systems? restore antique motor vehicles? write textbooks? create computer software and hardware manuals?

i've done all these things, and automated systems can't. it all depends on what you want to do. if you choose a field where a machine can do it better or cheaper than you can, you're in for trouble.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:35:41 PM by kevin »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" ---yellow dog racing

Offline Inertialmass

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2017, 06:05:08 PM »
if you want to work as a cowboy, automation is not in your future.

You're not keeping up with advancements:

Offline Inertialmass

• Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »
Automation is a great thing.  Machines use energy to perform the drudge work done in the past by we "commoners" and by slaves.  The real net result of automation is more affluence and leisure time for all of us -- even as population densities increase.

Here's how our immediate ancestors manually drilled water wells over weeks and weeks using human muscle power:

The wooden "spring pole" is supplied pure drudge muscle energy to keep the heavy drill bit at the end of a cable bouncing up and down to crush rock at the bottom of the drilled hole.

While the modern "robot" pneumatic rig drills the same well in a half day with one operator:

See, this guy gets to go home at the end of an eight hour shift to relax and read Sartre, Thoreau or Robert Barclay.

The remaining trick for humanity is to uncover a clean, self-contained, portable fusion energy source to power our robots.

Offline Emma286

• Valued Member
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »

if you want to work on an assembly line, that's pretty much going away. lots already has.

if you want to work as a bank teller, computers and calculators have resulted in hundreds of jobs going away.

if you want to chop cotton, no-till farming and GMOs have almost done away with it.

however, if you drive a dump truck, automation is not a threat. or if you want to work as a cowboy, automation is not in your future. ditto beekeeping, farmer's market vendor, paleontologist, professional ecologist. want to raise specialty poultry? no threat. diagnose and repair automotive engine and chassis systems? restore antique motor vehicles? write textbooks? create computer software and hardware manuals?

i've done all these things, and automated systems can't. it all depends on what you want to do. if you choose a field where a machine can do it better or cheaper than you can, you're in for trouble.

Over here in the U.K, self service machines have started to replace shop till assistants. Been happening for some time. Not yet 100%. But once they're much more reliable I would imagine that'll be the end or very near the end of shop assistant jobs. Feel sorry for the people that's going to affect. :-(

Albert Einstein

Offline bad actor

• Valued Member
  • Godless
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:57 AM »

You are right. I know that there will always be jobs that simply can't be done by machines. With an ever growing population, I just picture a time coming where there are simply too many people and not enough jobs to support them.

I look at places like India, Guatemala, or the city of Manila in the Philippines... Huge populations of people who live in makeshift cities right inside of the land fills. I mean if you aren't familiar...just punch "Manila slums" into youtube. They have several documentaries. I did and was shocked, it's a case of too many people and not enough jobs. I'm sure there are other factors too.

I can imagine it getting worse all over the planet as the planets population just keeps growing and growing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:11:13 AM by bad actor »
“There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.” —G.K. Chesterton

Offline Emma286

• Valued Member
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 09:12:15 AM »
I hope that new job fields will emerge in the future to replace lost jobs.

For one I've decided to never have kids and this population problem is amongst the reasons.

Albert Einstein

Online 8livesleft

• Valued Member
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »

You are right. I know that there will always be jobs that simply can't be done by machines. With an ever growing population, I just picture a time coming where there are simply too many people and not enough jobs to support them.

I look at places like India, Guatemala, or the city of Manila in the Philippines... Huge populations of people who live in makeshift cities right inside of the land fills. I mean if you aren't familiar...just punch "Manila slums" into youtube. They have several documentaries. I did and was shocked, it's a case of too many people and not enough jobs.

I can imagine it getting worse all over the planet as the planets population just keeps growing and growing.
I'm actually here in Manila right now haha

The issue with 3rd world countries isn't the population. It's how the 1% wealthiest families control 99% of the resources.

There's more than enough land and resources, it's just that the majority of the people don't have access.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Emma286

• Valued Member
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »

The issue with 3rd world countries isn't the population. It's how the 1% wealthiest families control 99% of the resources.

There's more than enough land and resources, it's just that the majority of the people don't have access.

Interested to learn the specific reason/reasons that you hold that view? ||smiley||

Albert Einstein

Offline Inertialmass

• Valued Member
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 11:55:52 AM »
Over here in the U.K, self service machines have started to replace shop till assistants.

I look at places like India, Guatemala, or the city of Manila in the Philippines...

But please compare the quality of life for average folks living in the UK with its automation and robotics, versus quality of life for average residents in developing nations lagging behind in introducing these technologies.  I'd argue generally that low tech society means low quality of life and low employment rates(?)

If you've personally dug ditch with pick and shovel, then later had the pleasure to operate a DitchWitch, guaranteed you'll feel little nostalgia for the low productivity, low pay and lower back pain of the way things were done in the good ol' days.  I believe this applies at the personal level and culture-wide. 

Offline bad actor

• Valued Member
  • Godless
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
I hope that new job fields will emerge in the future to replace lost jobs.

For one I've decided to never have kids and this population problem is amongst the reasons.

I also chose / choose not to have children.

Offline bad actor

• Valued Member
  • Godless
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 12:07:06 PM »

Oh..Wow...Then you definitely know of the slum problem there...

Isn't that kind of the case with the whole world though? A small percentage own/control a large majority of the wealth/resources?

Online 8livesleft

• Valued Member
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 05:07:03 AM »

Oh..Wow...Then you definitely know of the slum problem there...

Isn't that kind of the case with the whole world though? A small percentage own/control a large majority of the wealth/resources?

Yes that is the case. But we feel it more here because the government doesn't provide wellfare/medical.

If you have no work/money, you starve. If you're sick, you die (I'm talking worst case of course).

In rich countries, the government at least provides the basics of survival.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

- IGI Chat