Previous topic - Next topic

davdi

বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

davdi

Part of what she says deals with atheism and the dissolution of the American way.  I first noticed the symptoms of that disintegration of American values with the arrival of the Beatles and the subtle turns that The Beach Boys made with their later music.  And that was only the beginning.   Billy Joel and Paul Simon were voices for decency in a desert of mania that followed with The Rolling Stones and the rest.   This alsocomes out in thesong, The DayThe Music Died, even though the "pretender" in his song was actually Bob Dylan.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Kiahanie

I would love to participate in this discussion, but not at the cost of slogging through 10 minutes of a a lobster artist's imitation of Steve Bannon.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

davdi

Do I understand your negative language as a sign to me that you don't care, or don't like me! 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Kiahanie

I don't dislike you. I do dislike videos being used as the basis for a discussion, simply because most are not worth the effort to understand, and those that are worthwhile are not worth the effort to pick peanuts out of elephant turds.

So I don't do videos unless there is information I want that is better conveyed in video format than in text.
"If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet ... maybe we could understand something." --Federico Fellini....."Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation" -Jellaludin Rumi,

davdi

What she has said of her history is that she grew up in "fly over land" and considered herself somewhat conservative (compared to her parents), went to University of Missouri and came away wondering about what she learned there!   Then she did the unthinkable by checking for herself.   She lives in Seattle now, and realizes she is in "the belly of the beast"!
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Kiahanie

Is " belly of the beast" a reference to Abbott's book, Seagal's film, a tough spot, or just hyperbolic hyperventilation thrown together for the visuals? Back in the day, "belly of the beast" had real meaning. I guess I'll just have to remain uninformed about whatever she got herself involved in up north there. Can't say I'm interested enough to listen to her.

I grew up in fly-over country, too: Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Kansas. Hard for me to see Seattle as "belly of the beast" in any sense, though.

davdi

So.   Take the example of Cal-Berkeley!   Free speech is the reason they rioted, not wanting to listen to Milo Yiannopoulos!   While I admit that Milo and I agree of PC and the alt-left, the "snowflakes" that I refer to as "twinkle toes", we don't take the same intellectual paths!

this is the new-Maccarthyism!   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Inertialmass

Quote from: davdi on February 21, 2017, 08:39:04 PM
the American way... American values...

Atlanta Auction House

Battle Flag

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire

Hiroshima

How Our American Judeo-Christian Values Liberated Iraq

God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.

davdi

Politics is often the worst of human character.   Evil comes about when attention is drawn inward!   But that said,

"politics is the art of the possible"!   
Benjamin Disraeli.   

"Judge not, that he be not judged!" 
I forget what famous person said that!  Don't you? 

But we have gone astray.   

We all have our favorite ideas of what we should be.   What she is pointing out is that in the last 20 years we have strayed even further from the fold! 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Inertialmass

In reference to Berkeley, the point is that we are seeing people foisted upon us who have already had and held the mainstream voice for centuries.  Why donate to them a forum not yet once given over to the eloquent unheard?  The Syrian refugee victim of an international proxy war?  The Palestinian American who has been completely drowned out by the noisy, affluent and entrenched Jewish American Lobby? 

We don't need to hear more complaints from another affluent, conservative yuppie re her or his alleged newfound loss of privilege.  By the way, did you know that Jewish or Catholic or nihilist-when-it-suits-his-agenda Milo's real name is Hanrahan?  Ha, ha, fake news, alternative facts, phony identity, pretend persecution.  http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/203888/donald-trumps-little-boy
God and religion are not conveyances of Truth or Comfort.  They function as instruments of earthly social control.

RegalSin

1. Attention whore

2. Worships the ground that our Pimp President walks on irregardless that two of his wives are most likely whores and this is a grown man child.

3. Calls deportation of immigrants related to the Afghanistan/Iraq 2001 war a good thing.  Clearly pays no attention to what happen with Korea or Japan.

4. I am 100% that she is a racist/supremacist and probably would be happy if America could get rid of everybody that is not white enough.

I mean seriously all I got from this was blah blah
I do not like when a person with a masters stands against anything promoting racism.

davdi

Hi, RegalSin:  you surprised me.   Attention whore is not one I would have expected.  I wouldn't put her in the same box with Max Headroom, but his schtick was of a different nature.   

Like she says in her comments she moved to Seattle and found her self in an area she had not met except at Mizzou!   

Your last statement, at first blush, was horrible.   At second blush it was more tolerable.  But can you further explain the meaning you intend.

Keeping in mind that she is a twenty-something, she seems to have a much better grasp of the situation she finds herself in than I did at that age.  I was deeply into cross-cultural assimilation back those so many years ago!   
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

RegalSin

Most of the crap she is talking about I went through all ready. Look when a person starts talking bs it only shows they have a huge amount of time to waste. You can read my posts ( wherever they may be ). There is nothing logical about anything she said at all.

Just hurray for racism and we need to attack the educational institutions next. First 2001 war, now more bs.

It is clearly a waste of time to listen to her as she is not saying anything logical at all. Just those people are bad/evil and now "we need to turn our colleges into trump rallies".

It is clearly racism/supremacy and there is no logic in anything she is saying. She tries to use "strong words" in order to be suggestive. However using "big words" is just another tatic the media uses in order to sound legitimate. If she just said.

We grew up in the Commercial 80's/Super 80's/1990's and blah blah. We need to have more college professors like the Rich kid in the Oval Office.

She completely ignored the 2001 war that murdered a bunch of people, and is the primary cause of all our nations concerns.

Hey guess what? We do have college professors who are like that. They racist poor liars who hide behind there seniority. They come from yuppie/trust-fund/hipster/whore-mom homes.

She is promoting racism and hate using "big words" to make herself sound knowledgeable. I mean put a Mortarboard and throw a huge pile of white slime on her face while she is making this statements she is making because that is all that there is.

Think about it like this. Imagine if she was Miss Hilly from the Help right now. Educated housewife dominating her maid. I mean she sounds friendly and all but in no way her words are meant to be friendly and I am sure she is proud of that.

Mr. Blackwell

Part of the woman's talking points from the video explaining how Marxism won the culture war in the west.

QuoteThe west is guilty of genocidal crimes against every civilization and culture it has encountered. American and western civilization are the world's greatest repositories for racism, sexism, xenophobia, Antisemitism, Fascism, and Nazism. American society is oppressive, evil, and undeserving of loyalty.

Herbert Marcuse
First Generation Cultural Marxist
Originator of Critical Theory -- Tool for Deconstructing the West[nb]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_theory[/nb]

Quote from: Inertialmass on March 11, 2017, 04:29:40 AM
Quote from: davdi on February 21, 2017, 08:39:04 PM
the American way... American values...

Atlanta Auction House

Battle Flag

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire

Hiroshima

How Our American Judeo-Christian Values Liberated Iraq

It is an interesting short video with a lot a information with sources.

Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

davdi

Herbert Marcuse may express something I have thought in the past, but that opening chapter on reason that Kant wrote gave me a very different perspective on a lot of things.

Mr Blackwell, ive been reticent to respond to you.   Boer's were far more racist than we have ever been.  Rome was our equal in genocide, and while on that subject, the Belgians under their king killed more than we have, Pol Pot and Chairman Moa outshine us very significantly, as does the Russian govt in several campaigns.   It should be easy to point out that Marcuse is involving Europe in his assessment, and I find that a little beggaring.    In fact I went out of my way to avoid listening to comments made about me in India. 

Good hearing from you, though! 
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto