Author Topic: Hello. It's me. #adele  (Read 452 times)  Share 

Offline BlackLight

• Valued Member
Hello. It's me. #adele
« on: February 08, 2017, 01:12:22 AM »
I've been posting over at WWGHA.com, and heard about this. Nice place you got here.
GIVLING.com is an online trivia game - the purpose of which is to crowd/ad-fund student loan/mortgage payments. Free to sign up and to play. Daily cash prizes awarded to winning teams. Use Invite Code AS225966 at sign-up. Happy to answer questions.

Offline Mooby the Golden Sock

• So it goes.
  • Valued Member
  • Moo!
Re: Hello. It's me. #adele
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 05:05:31 AM »
Thanks!  We try to keep it nice!

*Sweeps all the dust and roach turds under the bed*

||whistling||
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Offline Dexter

• Not quite a
  • Valued Member
  • Self Portrait
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 11:25:39 AM »
Welcome Adele
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."-the Amendment that ensures nobody is safe..

Offline Kusa

• Donald Trump is a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 11:32:21 AM »
Well hello there.

Offline SkunkButt

• Contemplating becoming a
  • Valued Member
  • Be pro-active. Raise a stinker.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:07:00 PM »
Welcome   ||tip hat||
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

Offline Boots

• Keep your hands off my
  • Valued Member
  • Livin' the Dream
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:05:49 PM »
*wave*
Religion=institutionalized superstition

Apologetics=the art of making s**t up to make other made-up s**t sound more plausible

"To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place."

~Sam Harris

Offline Teaspoon Shallow

• Well caffeinated
  • Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 08:53:11 PM »
Welcome Blacklight.

Tell us a little about yourself.
Are you a believer or a non beleiver? 
||decision||

"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That’s the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Offline BlackLight

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 09:33:10 PM »
Welcome Blacklight.

Tell us a little about yourself.
Are you a believer or a non beleiver? 
||decision||

Non-believer. Scorpio. SoCal resident. Sam Harris fan.
GIVLING.com is an online trivia game - the purpose of which is to crowd/ad-fund student loan/mortgage payments. Free to sign up and to play. Daily cash prizes awarded to winning teams. Use Invite Code AS225966 at sign-up. Happy to answer questions.

Offline Meat

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 10:41:12 PM »
Are you vegetarian?  ||think||
Brilliant Meat! +1 (composer)

Offline BlackLight

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 01:00:18 AM »

Me? Well, if you garnish my steak with parsley, I will probably wind up eating some of it by accident.

Offline Dexter

• Not quite a
  • Valued Member
  • Self Portrait
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 01:08:29 AM »

Me? Well, if you garnish my steak with parsley, I will probably wind up eating some of it by accident.

A bit like religion then.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."-the Amendment that ensures nobody is safe..

Offline BlackLight

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 01:22:12 AM »
Is there a way to find out who has been rating my Karma? Normally, there's a link in my Profile page, but I don't see it.

Offline Meat

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 01:49:05 AM »
Nah. It's secret here. For example some knucklehead smites my genius posts in Robber Meets Jesus. I'm just the messenger for Pete's sake.  ||guns||
Brilliant Meat! +1 (composer)

Offline BlackLight

• Valued Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 08:29:14 AM »
If I need to PM a mod with a question, which one would one suggest? I see a bunch, but I'm not sure which ones are logged in and checking their inboxes.

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 09:02:09 AM »
It's early night in Australia, so if you are not in a big, big hurry try Teaspoon Shallow.

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 09:45:05 AM »

"Astrology [Scorpio?] is the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial objects as a means for divining information about human affairs and terrestrial events" - Wikipedia.

Sounds like a religious faith belief to me? ||think||

Offline BlackLight

• Valued Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 10:36:06 PM »

"Astrology [Scorpio?] is the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial objects as a means for divining information about human affairs and terrestrial events" - Wikipedia.

Nope. Just a statement of fact. In the same way that some people identify as Jewish because their mother was Jewish - but don't actually practice in any real way.

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 10:41:57 PM »

Nope. Just a statement of fact. In the same way that some people identify as Jewish because their mother was Jewish - but don't actually practice in any real way.

So it wouldn't confuse people to identify myself as a Libra? Why not just say my birthday falls in the Fall; in October? Otherwise would not some folks begin to mistakenly ascribe 'nonsense' Libra traits to myself?

Offline BlackLight

• Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 11:19:20 PM »

So it wouldn't confuse people to identify myself as a Libra? Why not just say my birthday falls in the Fall; in October? Otherwise would not some folks begin to mistakenly ascribe 'nonsense' Libra traits to myself?

Perhaps certain people would be confused. Just as an atheist labeling himself as "Jewish" (due to the principle of matrilineal descent) might initially confuse people. I just don't see this as a terribly pressing concern. Quite the opposite, maybe. If an astrological devotee has their faith in astrology thrown into question because they don't see me behaving as a Scorpio ought, then this is all to the good, in my estimation.

Offline Emma286

• Valued Member
  • What we think we become
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 06:12:37 PM »
Hello there again BlackLight. Welcome to Is God Imaginary!  ||wink||
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Albert Einstein

Offline Airyaman

• Valued Member
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 02:59:41 AM »
Thanks!  We try to keep it nice!

*Sweeps all the dust and roach turds under the bed*

||whistling||

If you can actually see them, that's alot of roach turds!
Please take a moment to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Atlanta, and Sweden.

- IGI Chat