Author Topic: Women's March on Washington  (Read 1347 times)  Share 

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
  • Regardless, God believes in You.
    • Mystics, Poets, and Fools
Women's March on Washington
« on: January 11, 2017, 12:06:15 AM »
Anyone else attending the women's March on Washington on January 21? Or any of the local marches scheduled for that day?

I am planning to be there with 4 of the kids. So far, they are most excited by our travel plans. I told them today we would park outside of Washington proper and take the subway in.  "Underground? Really?" sez my 16-yr-old. Yup. They're excited.... Their first train trip AND underground.

My mother can't go (health), but she says I need to carry a "Keep Obamacare" sign. I think I will carry a "Keep your short fingers off Obamacare" sign. She says that's too long, but it makes me laugh.....
“I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end.”
--Origen

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
Re: Women's March on Washington
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »
Post Obama's farewell speech, I think I will also carry a sign that reads:

We the people Choose Hope.
“I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end.”
--Origen

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »
Post Obama's farewell speech, I think I will also carry a sign that reads:

We the people Choose Hope.

How about, We the people Choose Hope And Not Change?

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 02:22:10 PM »
The incoming administration does not represent change. It is all about a reactionary attempt to roll back change. They won't win in the end, because they aren't right.
--Origen

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:41:08 AM »
So.... A couple days ago, I discovered that a friend of mine is going, and my daughter's school has a cohort going.... So we have all banded together.  The huge advantage for me is that I don't have to pay for a hotel room now. Instead, I get to sleep on the floor of Sidwell Friends School gym. Woohoo!

I also discovered that there is a dress code. Some artist somewhere has this vision of us all wearing pink p***ycat ear hats, as a sign of solidarity and strength. I believe in humoring artists wherever possible. Also, it makes me smile.

This is going to be so fun.
--Origen

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 07:25:58 AM »
So.... A couple days ago, I discovered that a friend of mine is going, and my daughter's school has a cohort going.... So we have all banded together.  The huge advantage for me is that I don't have to pay for a hotel room now. Instead, I get to sleep on the floor of Sidwell Friends School gym. Woohoo!

I also discovered that there is a dress code. Some artist somewhere has this vision of us all wearing pink p***ycat ear hats, as a sign of solidarity and strength. I believe in humoring artists wherever possible. Also, it makes me smile.

Pictures in your PU$$YCAT EAR HATS - pictures.

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
Oh yes. Pictures will happen. Definitely.
--Origen

Offline Case

• Prodigal Son &
  • Valued Member
  • Ecclesia semper reformanda
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 01:02:45 PM »
May God bless you on your journey, Shawna.  ||smiley||
"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

Offline Hemingway

• Seriously? Me? A
  • Valued Member
  • If the world didn’t suck, we’d all fall off
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 01:31:47 PM »
Have fun Shawna!

As an outsider looking in I really feel pity for your country right now.

Y'all are running around with bibles and guns, electing a misogynistic racist as your representative to the rest of the world whilst executing mentally disturbed people on weekends. Most of the rest of the western world stopped doing stuff like this in the early or mid twentieth century.

Well, that's the view from the outside looking in anyway. I wish you all the best but I and many of my friends have been boycotting all American goods since Trump got elected and will be doing so for the next 4 years. I feel sorry for the common worker in the street but I want no part of contributing to a society that would choose such a person to take power.

This is the reason I also boycott Chinese goods too. Yep..... unfortunately, you guys are being grouped with countries like China now. Sad, because I have many many friends in the US and even lived there for a short while.

But it's not my house. You guys can run it any way you see fit. Good luck with it.  ||beerchug||
"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Offline Steveox

• Always an
  • Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 06:52:49 PM »
Be aware of these guys

You march you're going to JAIL!

We are the silent majority

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
Be aware of these guys

They can't march unless they wear PINK PU$$YCAT EARS.

Offline Steveox

• Always an
  • Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 07:15:55 PM »
Trump will be President by then..Things will be different when Obama leaves office.Say Hello to your new fuhrer

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 07:29:04 PM »
Women's March on Washington Bans Pro-Life Groups

“Across the country, women who oppose abortion ... are demanding to be officially included in Saturday’s Women’s March on Washington. But those requests have been spurned ... If you want to come to the march you are coming with the understanding that you respect a woman’s right to choose,” Linda Sarsour, a Brooklyn-born Palestinian-American Muslim racial justice and civil-rights activist, and one of four co-chairwomen of the march, said in an interview on Tuesday.

" Many anti-abortion women are simply staying home. But one group, Students for Life of America, which organizes college students to oppose abortion, does plan to march, banners and all. Kristan Hawkins, its president, a 31-year-old mother of four, said she, too, made a request for partnership status, which she said was ignored. She said her marchers will wear Go-Pro cameras: “When they start spitting and screaming at us it will be helpful ...

"Gloria Steinem, an honorary co-chairwoman of the march, wrote in an email message. She said if women “want to make decisions over their own bodies themselves, and want other women to have the same power, then they should feel very welcome at the march.” Yet many women do not. Among them is Charmaine Yoest, a vocal opponent of abortion who is a senior fellow at American Values, a conservative organization here. “This is what we conservative women live with all the time, this idea that we somehow aren’t really women and we just reflect internalized misogyny,” she said. Of the march, she added: “I don’t think they represent women. I think they are a wholly owned subsidiary of the abortion movement.” - New York Times - January 18.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/us/womens-march-abortion.html?_r=1

Offline Inertialmass

• Valued Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 07:35:53 PM »
The root question is whether these anti-abortion women are coming to cheer or protest Trump?

Edit:  Eyes, the bolded header you invented is false and is contradicted by the content you cite.  Why fudge up your own credibility thusly?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:42:58 PM by Inertialmass »

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 07:47:49 PM »
The root question is whether these anti-abortion women are coming to cheer or protest Trump?

Edit:  Eyes, the bolded header you invented is false and is contradicted by the content you cite.  Why fudge up your own credibility thusly?

1 - My header is not in quotes, because it is my header.

2 - The WMOW has banned pro-life groups; absolutely nothing false about that.

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 07:52:47 PM »
The Women’s March on Washington's mission statement includes an invitation for "all defenders of human rights” to attend, but evidently not an invitation for defenders of life-in-the-womb.

Offline Inertialmass

• Valued Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 08:06:10 PM »
If you write to Robert Iger requesting official partnership status with Disney, and you are ignored, does that also mean that you are banned from wearing your Mickey outfit?   ||Kerly||

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 08:13:01 PM »
/\ /\ /\ /\ +1 ||smiley||

Offline Inertialmass

• Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 03:51:08 AM »
Found out today that two of my sisters and three nieces are in DC for the March.  Go, women!!!

I'd a joined 'em but in public venues my pink p***y ears highlight poorly counterpoised against the moderately receding hairline.

Offline Meat

• Valued Member
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 04:15:09 AM »
^Good cause.  The union brothers appreciate the $$$$.
Brilliant Meat! +1 (composer)

Offline Inertialmass

• Valued Member
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 05:29:27 AM »
Definitely wanna snarf up that union OT while they're still legal.

Offline Meat

• Valued Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 07:08:29 AM »
Exactly. Osama sure was union friendly. Not.
Brilliant Meat! +1 (composer)

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 08:56:23 AM »

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »
K. We are here at Sidwell Friends School in the gym. Just spent the night under the bleachers on a gym mat. Not too bad really.

The ladies at the McDonald's where I work have promised to help bail me out if I get arrested. Even the ones who voted for Trump (which I think is most of them, although we always avoid talking politics at work). I told them I was going to go roll a cop car, but they just laughed at me for some reason.

Re: the anti-abortion folks who are feeling left out.... I have some sympathy. But I am anti-abortion and I don't feel left out.... The problem as I see it is that there is a wing of the anti-abortion faction that isn't pro-woman at all, even if they are women. Instead of trying to make abortion rare by making access to contraceptives easy, and ensuring paid family leave, and affordable decent childcare, and good free mental health professional counselors for women facing crisis pregnancies... so that only women in real need of an abortion feel that they need one... Instead, these people want to make all abortions illegal, without providing any real support for women and their babies. In fact, they want to remove all sorts of government safety nets that children benefit from.

The hypocrisy of the politically loud anti-abortion folks turned me off them a while back. When they start lobbying as hard for paid family leave as they do for "heartbeat bills", I will begin believing that they really care about the welfare of women and babies. Til then... meh.
--Origen

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 06:41:11 PM »
At the Women's March, Ashley Judd read a poem containing these lines:

"I am a nasty women, I'm not as nasty as a man who looks like he bathes in Cheeto dust."

"I'm not as nasty as your own daughter being your favorite sex symbol, your wet dreams infused with your own genes" 

"I feel Hitler in these streets, a mustache traded for a toupee."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142950/Thousands-women-head-Washington-protest-Trump.html

Lots of pictures - see if you can find Shawna?

Offline RegalSin

• Valued Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 12:09:49 AM »
I love god too. I just wish that people would not abuse or hide behind god for there true intentions. That beautiful smile can not betray me anymore.

The key problem with all of these women movement is that they lack the men involved. Instead it is about normal women from normal situations derailing women in abnormal situations. Then to make things worst we have predatory lesbians among the masses along with shut-ins gals shutting out shut-in guys.

The incoming administration does not represent change. It is all about a reactionary attempt to roll back change. They won't win in the end, because they aren't right.

We do not need change. USA was perfect before 2001. We needed to solve the energy crisis ( which was in the news a day before September 11th ). This is the same energy crisis of 1972. We are ignoring this fact people.

We have used genocide, oil, gold, and human rights as excuses to delay sloving the problem of the energy crisis.

Because Bush II sent innocent children to war for no reason at all he created the Depression/Rescission we are going through. President Obama was brought into a Presidency with a weak dollar rating. By pumping money into the government he help restore the Dollar. While other nations who depends on US buyers money had fell in value to the Dollar.

That is what President Obama was brought in for. He was not brought in for medical insurance or any of this vagina nonsense. His administration and the government job was to restore funds for the next pointless war. All of these rights things are wasting our tax dollars.

Saddam and Gaddafi was killed in the name of oil and gold and the people of Syria is suffering because of this. Gaddafi was right when he said that the nations of Africa needs to take up arms against the invaders as with Saddam and his "raise the sword" reminder. They were invaded for Oil and Gold. Not for human rights. Bradass1984  ( Bradly Manning ) was jailed because he showed us the truth. Asides for all the videos from ogrish or other non website sources.

People still preach hate.

We need to roll back and back until the USA has nothing to do with the orient and everybody is peaceful. All we are doing is promoting racism and if it takes a moron to bite the bullet then why not?

This is going to be so fun.

That is because women are considered a different classification then men. I do not consider the cat ears to be so reason. If so that is bogus outright lie.

solidarity itself is a separation of people. Putting women stand alone just removes them from the nuclear family. You might be in love or have a family but by making your gender unique you push the idea that women are for women and not for the family. Thus creating another excuse for seperation of the sexes.

It is like anti-sentiment. It is a way to lock people out of each other thus creating this invisible barrier. Like when a parent says "no". The "child" does not have to listen but the parent could always resort to "teasing" the child with "wealth".

Again this ties into racism. Irregardless of the notion.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:45:31 AM by RegalSin »

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 10:10:42 PM »
K, I am trying to get a photo of me here, but I am having some difficulty. I am mostly incompetent unfortunately.

My Facebook page has a pic....

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1197251306990392&id=100001166022102&set=a.1194603587255164.1073741826.100001166022102&source=56&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

Sorry about not getting pics here.
--Origen

Offline Steveox

• Always an
  • Valued Member
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 10:12:56 PM »
If i was a cop,Id would arrest you.

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 10:49:20 PM »
Lol!
--Origen

- IGI Chat