News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Project 365 : 2017 - A Photo A Day

Started by Mrs Pumpkin, January 01, 2017, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs Pumpkin

I didn't think I'd do it, but you know, I miss the effort it takes for a photo a day. I want to improve my photography, and this project is a great way to do it! I hope you enjoy my photos for Project 365 : 2017! Don't forget to join in, if you're doing P365 too.

Day 1 - D?j? vu by Michelle Ordever, on Flickr

GratefulApe

Such a beautiful uplifting hobby. To see such beauty in simple things. Plus it surely must get you out and about a lot. You could so easily make money on these photos. I used to take a lot of local wildlife photos and had a guy ask me if he could use them in a program that our town has at the art center. He saw mine on Facebook. Had something to do with travel and adventure. He added them to a slideshow presentation. I know it was attended by a lot of elderly people and was partly a fundraiser for the art center. Keep up your beautiful work. It's a smile maker.

SkunkButt

Good to see you back at it Pumpkin   ||tip hat||
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

Mrs Pumpkin

Day 3 - In Between by Michelle Ordever, on Flickr

@GratefulApe thank you for your kind words. I'm hoping that this year's return to P365 will get me out and about again. I've been very depressed over the past year, and became quite the recluse. I have thought about making money with my photos, but never had quite the confidence to do so.

@SkunkButt thank you :)

Emily

You want to improve your photography. They are looking great to me. How much better can they get?

Mrs Pumpkin

Day 4 - Tightrope by Michelle Ordever, on Flickr

@Emily I guess I never feel they're quite good enough! There's always room for improvement!

GratefulApe

Oh, my, my! you should have so much confidence. I guess sometimes easier said than done. Really I have never seen such an eye for photography as you have. You could do so much with your work. My sister in law takes photos and then she paints them watercolor and makes greeting cards out of them. She also has taken photos and had them put onto canvas bags. She gave her greeting cards, empty inside, away for wedding favors at her daughters wedding. You need to get out there! :)

I took a photo of my dog when it was a puppy and went onto the CVS website, that's a chain pharmacy here, and uploaded from my computer and had them put it onto a coffee mug. A simple thing but I love it.

Hemingway

"Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken"

Mrs Pumpkin

Day 5 - Zen by Michelle Ordever, on Flickr

@GratefulApe It *is* easier said than done!! I am going to have a look online see if there are any outlets for me to sell some images - maybe canvas prints. It's also finding the time, between running two blogs, and YouTube channel and home life it's a delicate balance!!

@Hemingway nice to see you here - glad you enjoy it!

GratefulApe

I also see these kinds of beautiful images put onto a CD, like at the hair salon. When I'm getting my hair washed they take me into this darkened room and lay my head back and show images like yours on a flat screen.  Also I would much rather see something like that in any waiting room than the news on the TV. I suppose they would have something like that at a day spa, also. But just keep going.

Hemingway

Ohhh... something very eerie about that one! Is it a haunted wood? ||runforthehills||

Mrs Pumpkin

Oh bless you Hem! It's my favourite local forest/woods - nothing scary about it at all! Just the light was very grim!!

SkunkButt

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

Mrs Pumpkin

Quote from: SkunkButt on January 10, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
I like the red and green of this one.

It was pretty much the only colour in the woods that morning - I like it too :)

Hemingway

Would also make an interesting sketch ^  ||hamster||

Kusa

Your pictures so far are damned good.

Hemingway

Mrs Pumpkin