Author Topic: A Chance Encounter.  (Read 279 times)  Share 

Offline eyeshaveit

• Valued Member
A Chance Encounter.
« on: December 14, 2016, 01:21:29 AM »
"Things either begin by chance or by design" - Anon.

What is wrong with the above statement?

Not sure I see anything wrong with the statement... unless someone can point to another theory as to how things begin... in which case the above statement would be false as an either/or statement.

What is 'chance'?
Can chance create anything?
Has chance ever created anything?

What is a design?
Do the simplest forms of life lack a design?
How could a protocell replicate itself if it had no design?

@Francis

Offline Zap

• Sometimes, at dinner parties, I whip out my
  • Valued Member
  • I think everybody's after me
Re: A Chance Encounter.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
What is 'chance'?

A random event or something that occurs without without any obvious intention or cause

Can chance create anything?

"Chance" itself is an abstract notion. Can chemicals come into contact randomly by chance to form another chemical? Sure. Happens all the time

Has chance ever created anything?

Abstract notions don't work that way

What is a design?

The art or action of conceiving or producing a plan usually BEFORE it's made/produced/assembled

Do the simplest forms of life lack a design?

We'll,  dog breeders have a hand in how their results will turn out as an example of design input from a third party when it comes to a biological example, but I'd need more information. Can you be more specific here?

How could a protocell replicate itself if it had no design?

Something does not require a design process to reproduce. For example, there's bacteria in existence that only feeds exclusively on nylon. As nylon did not exist before the 1930's neither did this strain of bacteria.

However, it's postulated that a pre-existing bacteria adapted to its surroundings where only nylon was present to feed on. Now it cannot survive without it.

What conclusion does this evidence point to?

Well, it's evidence of the evolution of a species over time to be sure, but it also suggests that these "non-designed" bacteria can happily reprodce without a design process.

This species did not exist. An extant species found itself in an environment it had to adapt to in order to survive. It adapted. It multiplied. It flourished.

No 3rd party in the capacity of a designer required.

You've been zapped

Offline RegalSin

• Valued Member
Re: A Chance Encounter.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »
Look uhm about this planet we call Earth.

A. This is the only real planet to support life and this entire universe was created to support our lives and an intergalactic journey of Noahs Ark.

B. There is tons of life out there and the worlds powers that be wants to blanket this knowledge from you into the grave. Why? because they do not want people to have this relationship that is called peace. They want people to live in the imagination of nations and keep being followers.

Question?

Imagine if everybody woke up the same day and decided. I am not going to be used and run rings anymore for false beliefs. I am going to enjoy my freedoms and things this world has blessed me with.

About chance and why? The logic of all logic is that matter can not be created nor it can be destroyed. It can be transformed, or converted to other kinds of material. If so then where is all of this matter coming from.

Here is a funny joke. It is light that enables growth but it is light that also enables aging. Every ask yourself why does that happen.

Life is like one big ride. You have as many options that you are given.

- IGI Chat