Author Topic: [Commentary] Does a supernatural god exist?  (Read 753 times)  Share 

Offline Kusa

• Valued Member
[Commentary] Does a supernatural god exist?
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:44:26 PM »
So if you win does that mean that you will convert?

Offline Teaspoon Shallow

• Well caffeinated
  • Valued Member
Re: [Commentary] Does a supernatural god exist?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 07:18:53 PM »
Does winning a debate necessarily mean the argument is cogent?
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That’s the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Offline Kusa

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 01:55:43 AM »
What's the point in the debate. Just an online sword fight?

Offline ak.yonathan

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 11:21:33 AM »
I want to join in on the debate too! I think that God doesn't exist because the concept doesn't make any sense and there is no evidence of Him. Surely absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Offline RegalSin

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 02:59:35 AM »
Okay you know what. The reason why people question god is because nobody was getting married while they were having random sex in the 1960's and a scientist tried to wipe out non-heterosexuals with the hiv virus. The bigger issue is because more people go to college without work they end up with an anti-god mentality. In college you will learn about how the Roman Empire fell. You will learn about how they converted from there original ways to the Catholic State. The Supremacist white/European people do not want to admit that but that is the truth. Rome failed because of Jesus. They used the image of god to craft there own religion version of Judaism/Islam called Catholicism. Using the Christian followers who already existed. That is hat happen folks. White/European supremacy 101, the Romans would take other peoples inventions, ideas, and beliefs and integrate it into there own. First with the Greece, then the Egyptians, and finally the Jews. That is what happen folks.

So you want ask that question over and over. Just look at the history books. Rome was all powerful. Ran into a bunch of people who refused there beliefs, and was making babies like no tomorrow. They over populated them and decided to create a new religious teaching based off the others.

Offline ak.yonathan

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 09:26:39 AM »
Okay you know what. The reason why people question god is because nobody was getting married while they were having random sex in the 1960's and a scientist tried to wipe out non-heterosexuals with the hiv virus. The bigger issue is because more people go to college without work they end up with an anti-god mentality. In college you will learn about how the Roman Empire fell. You will learn about how they converted from there original ways to the Catholic State. The Supremacist white/European people do not want to admit that but that is the truth. Rome failed because of Jesus. They used the image of god to craft there own religion version of Judaism/Islam called Catholicism. Using the Christian followers who already existed. That is hat happen folks. White/European supremacy 101, the Romans would take other peoples inventions, ideas, and beliefs and integrate it into there own. First with the Greece, then the Egyptians, and finally the Jews. That is what happen folks.

So you want ask that question over and over. Just look at the history books. Rome was all powerful. Ran into a bunch of people who refused there beliefs, and was making babies like no tomorrow. They over populated them and decided to create a new religious teaching based off the others.
Sounds to me like Rome was a multicultural society. Maybe the United States could learn a thing or two from Rome as an example of multiculturism and how to stop being racist. Yay for multiculturism!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:26:31 PM by ak.yonathan »

Offline Augusto

• Still a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 01:57:06 AM »
So when is this thing going to start? :)

@Mooby the Golden Sock

Offline Kusa

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 02:22:23 AM »

So when is this thing going to start? :)

@Mooby the Golden Sock
It already has. You missed it.

Offline Teaspoon Shallow

• Well caffeinated
  • Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 07:32:23 AM »
That is my bad.  I have written 5 initial posts and they read like a parody and that is unacceptable.
It is harder than I thought to articulate an argument that you do not accept as either valid or cogent.
Because you have objections it feels like you are making fun of the argument you are trying to accurately represent.

I should have some more time next week to kick this thing off.
I am looking forward to this but I am looking forward to securing some large contracts that will set us for the following 2 years more.
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That’s the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Offline Kusa

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 10:59:48 AM »
What contracts?

Offline Teaspoon Shallow

• Well caffeinated
  • Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 10:08:00 PM »
Just projects for my company.

- IGI Chat