« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 09:54:13 PM »
Tradition.....duh

Offline Goobatron

• If David Hasslehoff were here, I'm sure he would be a
  • Valued Member
  • Regular irregularity
Re: Marriage
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 02:22:11 PM »
I am not married and I have no intention of ever getting married. I am not a part of any religion in which marriage is component of, therefore I have no purpose to get married. I see marriage as a religious event, and therefore only for members of that religion.

Offline FGOH

• I might take a picture of your
  • Valued Member
  • Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:20 PM »
I am not married and I have no intention of ever getting married. I am not a part of any religion in which marriage is component of, therefore I have no purpose to get married. I see marriage as a religious event, and therefore only for members of that religion.

I don't know what laws there are where you live but over here marriage can be an entirely secular contract and can provide significant tax benefits for the couple and their children. What would your view be then? Would you consider marrying a life partner if you had children and to do so would confer financial benefit on the family?
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

Offline Goobatron

• Valued Member
  • Regular irregularity
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 02:52:01 PM »
On principle I would not. But yeah, the laws where I live are the same. For me it comes down to terminology. Marriage is a commitment between a man and woman and God. What your talking about is a commitment between a man and a woman and the government. I don't consider this to be marriage, and think it should have a different name altogether. It's this distinction in the terminology that could help people get past the whole 'gay marriage' debate too. If it is secular, and not defined as marriage, why would any religious person have an issue (beyond issues with homosexuality anyway) with an arrangement that a man and a man and the government have? On the other side, i don't think governments should recognise a religious marriage. If a religious couple want to be recognised as a couple, then they ought to go through a secular arrangement between themselves and the government. If they want to get married in a church, then they can do that, but it shouldn't have anything to do with the government at all.

So for as long as it's called marriage, or being 'married' carries the title of... well... being married. Then no, i will not get married.

Offline RegalSin

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »
Being married is a business thing.

When you marry for love it is between you and god. Of course if that be circumstances of the business.

It is like this. Hey your my favorite gal for some reason but I need my extra jump start nowadays.

Marraige are you mangina enough for it.

About non-heterosexuals and marriage. When two men get together they basically form a paycheck that is super big along with a tax break. Two women also get a little bonus too but think about that? We have immigrant laws along with marital laws that is meant for man and wife. Not two people playing pretend

Offline Goobatron

• Valued Member
  • Regular irregularity
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 12:10:31 AM »
Are you inferring that two straight men would pretend to be gay in order to get married so they can payout on tax benefits? I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, i'm sure that it would from time to time. But straight people do the same thing. I don't think that event would increase statistically by allowing gay people to have the same rights.

Offline RegalSin

• Valued Member
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2017, 06:48:54 PM »
Two men getting married for tax breaks.

- IGI Chat