Author Topic: Welp, I guess I am back for a bit.  (Read 2304 times)  Share 

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
Welp, I guess I am back for a bit.
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:07:16 AM »
So I have been gone for a while except for brief check-ins here and there. Life has been good. I’ve bought a house, planted some flowers, met some cool people, baked some bread, and looked at some trees. Still pretty much the same just haven’t had much to say, but I am generally fond of the people on the forum so I decided to come back. For those that don't know I was the resident Kemetic Orthodox and general a geeky doofus for a while.

How is everybody else?
"All gods are three: Amun, Re and Ptah, whom none equals. He who hides his name as Amun, he appears to the face as Re, his body is Ptah." ~ Leiden hymns

Offline Meat

• Valued Member
Re: Welp, I guess I am back for a bit.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:21:34 AM »
 ||beerchug||
Brilliant Meat! +1 (composer)

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
"All gods are three: Amun, Re and Ptah, whom none equals. He who hides his name as Amun, he appears to the face as Re, his body is Ptah." ~ Leiden hymns

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 02:49:05 AM »
I am ashamed to admit that I did not realize that you had left. Got my own distractions going on. Anyway, glad to see you posting again and I'm happy to hear you are doing well. Cheers!

||beerchug||
If they respected America they would have broken the law and came here illegally.

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 02:56:38 AM »
I am ashamed to admit that I did not realize that you had left. Got my own distractions going on. Anyway, glad to see you posting again and I'm happy to hear you are doing well. Cheers!

||beerchug||

Nah, don't worry about it, its not like I made some huge announcement or something. I just started posting less and less until I stopped, and I didn't post all that often to begin with.  ||shrug||

So what have you been up to?

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 03:00:17 AM »
S.O.S[1]
 1. same ole s**t
If they respected America they would have broken the law and came here illegally.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 03:09:39 AM »
Nice of you to drop in again, S&S. I always appreciate your contributions.

You might like to know that our valued member Maggie passed on in September. There's a thread here:

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,59332.msg746258.html#msg746258

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 03:39:33 AM »
Nice of you to drop in again, S&S. I always appreciate your contributions.

Well thank you!

You might like to know that our valued member Maggie passed on in September. There's a thread here:
http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,59332.msg746258.html#msg746258

On one of my quick check-ins I did see this news, unfortunately by that point the conversation had turned distasteful so I chose not to participate. Personally I always liked Maggie and she added a unique element to this forum and it was sad to see that she had passed on. She was such a character and I mourn that I never got to know her as well as other members here. My hope is one day maybe I will get to meet her in person when my allotted time is done.   

Offline Teaspoon Shallow

• Well caffeinated
  • Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 07:07:09 AM »
Hi S&S

Welcome back (regardless the stay time)   ||tip hat||
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That’s the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »
Hi S&S

Welcome back (regardless the stay time)   ||tip hat||

Thanks! So how are things hanging?

Offline Assyriankey

• Still becoming a
  • Valued Member
    • HAW HAW HAW HAW
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 12:03:10 AM »
Hey SS!  Good to see you posting again, even if it's only in passing.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

Offline Teaspoon Shallow

• Well caffeinated
  • Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 12:57:21 AM »
Life is great.  Spring is my favourite time of the year and we are being bathed in sunshine.
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That’s the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 01:32:35 AM »
yo

shawna's in for a bit too

i'll let her know you're back
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" ---yellow dog racing

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Valued Member
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 02:09:06 AM »
Life is great.  Spring is my favourite time of the year and we are being bathed in sunshine.

-_-

Your toilet flushes the wrong way you know.

Offline Teaspoon Shallow

• Well caffeinated
  • Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
You have flushing toilets?  ||shocked||

Offline Jezzebelle

• playboy mouthed
  • Valued Member
  • Why is a raven like a writing desk?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 12:46:02 PM »
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
  • Regardless, God believes in You.
    • Mystics, Poets, and Fools
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
We're working on that.  I have designed a floorplan for a brand-new house, complete with 2 (two!!) flushing toilets, that I am getting an estimate for, sometime in the near future. (Hopefully tomorrow?)

Yay, S&S!  Let's see if we can get you to 1000......

Tell me about your house....  new?  used but new to you?  old?  haunted?  Just personable?  Does it like you?  Do you like it?  Is there anything you're planning to change?  Does it have flush toilets?  What do you like best about it?

“I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end.”
--Origen

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 05:52:36 PM »
I have designed a floorplan for a brand-new house, complete with 2 (two!!) flushing toilets,

the kids still only get litter boxes in their cottages.

we may build a community bathroom up on the hilltop
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" ---yellow dog racing

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 06:16:54 PM »
The pope recently ordered public showers in St.Peter's square for the homeless.

Like that?
“I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end.”
--Origen

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 06:18:54 PM »
how do you prove that you're homeless without an ID?

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »
You prove you're homeless by being willing to take showers in a public facility.  It's easier than voting.

There was this bishop,see,who got to talking with a guy out in St.Peter's square, and he discovered that it was the man's birthday,and the bishop invited the man in to have lunch with him and the pope.  The guy turned him down, because he said he hadn't had a shower in so long that he would feel awkward about hanging out with the pope.  The pope heard about it, and felt bad that someone would feel that their personal cleanliness kept them from talking to him, so he has ordered public showers to be installed.  (They already have public toilets.)
--Origen

Offline Happy Evolute

• Forum Bulldog
  • Valued Member
  • The Heavens declare the absence of the Lord.
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
Hi S&S!

||tip hat||
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 08:40:10 AM »
We're working on that.  I have designed a floorplan for a brand-new house, complete with 2 (two!!) flushing toilets, that I am getting an estimate for, sometime in the near future. (Hopefully tomorrow?)

Congrats!

Yay, S&S!  Let's see if we can get you to 1000......
||wink||

Tell me about your house....  new?  used but new to you?  old?  haunted?  Just personable?  Does it like you?  Do you like it?  Is there anything you're planning to change?  Does it have flush toilets?  What do you like best about it?

Well it is 520 square foot with a basement that is half finished (the other half is laundry and storage so I don't care). It was built in 1947 and has a lot of character which is what I like about it. Also it is small, one bedroom, and so it is easy for one person to take care of. However its yard is about a 1/3rd of an acre so I have lots of room to garden in. The real selling point however is that it is just a block away from Historic Down town St. Charles which is where the best shopping, restaurants, and art is at in the county. However it is a real fixer upper. I went and bought the second worse house in a really good neighborhood, it was a neglected rental house for 17 years! And oh it shows it so, first order of business is replacing the windows and removing a whole bunch of invasive 'trees of heaven' (more like trees of HELL). It does have a flush toilet and is not haunted.   

Offline rickymooston

• naughty
  • Valued Member
  • A Canadian
    • Quote somebody on the forum 哈哈
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 11:16:52 PM »
Been learning to be "a man" in the context of marriage
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 12:24:03 AM »

Well it is 520 square foot. . ..   

that,s really small

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 05:40:34 AM »

Well it is 520 square foot. . ..   

that,s really small

Well I am one human being with no pets and I don't plan on ever having a partner so I am not concerned about it too much. It makes it easier to clean, heat, and keep cool. Also I guess it is more like 1040 square foot with the basement.

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 05:41:24 AM »

Offline Snakesandsuns

• I'm just a
  • Valued Member
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 05:44:25 AM »
Been learning to be "a man" in the context of marriage

Well, what have you learned so far?

Offline kevin

• Valued Member
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 06:28:20 AM »

Offline Shawna

• Such a nasty
  • Valued Member
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »

Well it is 520 square foot with a basement that is half finished (the other half is laundry and storage so I don't care). It was built in 1947 and has a lot of character which is what I like about it. Also it is small, one bedroom, and so it is easy for one person to take care of. However its yard is about a 1/3rd of an acre so I have lots of room to garden in. The real selling point however is that it is just a block away from Historic Down town St. Charles which is where the best shopping, restaurants, and art is at in the county. However it is a real fixer upper. I went and bought the second worse house in a really good neighborhood, it was a neglected rental house for 17 years! And oh it shows it so, first order of business is replacing the windows and removing a whole bunch of invasive 'trees of heaven' (more like trees of HELL). It does have a flush toilet and is not haunted.   

The second-worst house in a good neighborhood is the exact best house to buy!  And on a third of an acre, you can do anything!  It sounds perfect.

I know I am not supposed to, but I really like trees of heaven.  I think they're beautiful.  Also, I have a real weak spot in general for plants that just thumb their noses at everyone and GROW.  If a seed packet has any of the code words for "invasive" on it (eg. "self-seeds readily"), I am sure to buy it.  I don't suppose I could talk you into leaving one ailanthus, could I?   ||whistling||  Its roots are antibacterial, and used to treat malaria and as a vermicide.  Its bark is good for treating diarrhea.  Its leaves are used to treat skin problems like rashes....

http://arnoldia.arboretum.harvard.edu/pdf/articles/1979-39-2-ailanthus.pdf
http://firstways.com/2011/02/26/tree-of-heaven-kills-malaria-worms-and-weeds/
--Origen

- IGI Chat