News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Jesus Christ - The Church - Civil Government - Just Wars ?

Started by eyeshaveit, August 28, 2014, 11:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshaveit

"The Pope is doing his part, and I applaud him for it. I also applaud the Pope for articulating the legitimacy for the use of force to defend the persecuted minorities. As the Pope has implied, we are in the case where it is not possible to negotiate with ISIS. It is not possible to simply push them back, or disarm them. They must be defeated and destroyed as a fighting force. Neither the Pope nor I glorifies war. War is what General Sherman said it was: Hell. We should do everything we can to avoid war, and the Pope is clear about that. But sometimes war is the only means available to protect innocent people from genocidal slaughter."

Robert P. George - August 22, 2014
Jesus Christ died so you could have access to God.

none

Has the Pope met with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS?
the candle can only be lit so many times.
If this is hell I'm welcome to leave

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Bordeaux

Quote from: eyeshaveit on August 28, 2014, 11:57:03 AM
"The Pope is doing his part, and I applaud him for it. I also applaud the Pope for articulating the legitimacy for the use of force to defend the persecuted minorities. As the Pope has implied, we are in the case where it is not possible to negotiate with ISIS. It is not possible to simply push them back, or disarm them. They must be defeated and destroyed as a fighting force. Neither the Pope nor I glorifies war. War is what General Sherman said it was: Hell. We should do everything we can to avoid war, and the Pope is clear about that. But sometimes war is the only means available to protect innocent people from genocidal slaughter."

Robert P. George - August 22, 2014

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, he only cares about christians in Iraq. What a selfish blowtard.
"Certitude is not evidence of truth. Nor does repetition make it true. If anything, repetition should make you suspicious. Truth always stands up to scrutiny on its merits."
― Steven Hassan PhD