News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

Hi Hey Hello

Started by There You Go, July 08, 2014, 05:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There You Go

So.. hello everyone, this seems like a nice forum so i'm in.

PS: not going to blow up this forum.
History repeats itself cuz no one was listening the first time.

Jay

I am glad to hear you have no plans to blow up the forum.  +1 for that.
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Emily

Welcome to the community! Its nice to having followers of faiths other than Christianity on board.

FGOH

Welcome. Good to have you on board.
I'm not signing anything without consulting my lawyer.

There You Go

Thanks guys.

So, is this forum living in it's golden age? i mean, several forums aren't "inhabited" anymore, it took me a whole week to get a reply when i introduced myself.

Happy Evolute

Welcome!

What does the golden writing say?
An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

There You Go

i assume you mean the one in my avatar?

it's prophet Muhammad's seal, it was on his ring, he used it as a signature when he sent messages to neighboring Kings,

literally it says, from the Top: "God Messenger Muhammad" this sentence doesn't make sense in arabic, what it meant was "Muhammad, Messenger of God" he placed the Name of God at the top as a sign of respect to God.

Jay

Quote from: There You Go on July 08, 2014, 05:39:10 PM
Thanks guys.

So, is this forum living in it's golden age? i mean, several forums aren't "inhabited" anymore, it took me a whole week to get a reply when i introduced myself.

Oh, I wouldnt say we are in our 'golden age', but we aren't dead either. 

Mr. Blackwell

Welcome to the forum! +1 for joining.

This a slightly lively community. You may not always get a quick response to your posts...you may not get a response at all but this community is still alive, however small it is. So, feel free to jump into any discussion that suits your fancy and I look forward to your thoughts and ideas.

P.S.

Now, having said all that, let me be the first to tell you that the American who made that video that caused the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was arrested so everything is good now, right?

I have no reason to say what I just said in my P.S. so please don't take it personally. It has no reflection on anything pertinent to you, me...or this forum. I simply said it in an attempt to illustrate reality. In reality...things constantly change. Remember that.
Unrestricted free speech, paradoxically, results in less speech, not more. - Yoel Roth

none

well welcome to Islam everybody, a religion just as important as Judaism were you too can get to know Allah.
the candle can only be lit so many times.
If this is hell I'm welcome to leave

Jay

ahh.  Our resident jokers.

There You Go

and Alien theories ;)

Case

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have another Muslim on board. +1
"You have formed us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find rest in You." Augustine, Confessions, Book 1, Chapter 1

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: none on July 08, 2014, 08:42:04 PM
Quote from: Jay on July 08, 2014, 08:29:13 PM
ahh.  Our resident jokers.
and nine year old wives...

None, this is an introduction and welcome thread.

How are we going to get new members if you insult them as soon as they turn up and say hello?

TYG, welcome to the forum. We are not all jerks, but I wouldn't blame you if you left immediately.

none

Quote from: There You Go on July 08, 2014, 10:03:07 PM
and Alien theories ;)
ahh a Scientologist, they are always welcome.

Teaspoon Shallow

Welcome TYG and a +1.

I look forward to talking with you and learning more.
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

There You Go

davdi

Salam Oualicum! 

Please feel free to respond in kind to people who deserve it.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

There You Go

Gnu Ordure

Tyg, may I ask what is your cultural/ethnic/national background?

(I'm a white English pantheist. As far as I know.  ||tip hat||

There You Go

lol my story is very loooooong and boring, and is often described as Weird and unusual but here goes:

I'm Greek/Algerian from my mother's side, and Libyan from my Dad's. it all began with Markos (??????) The Father of the Grand Father of My GrandFather, who was a greek born in Patras, During the Ottoman Empire, but then he immigrated to Algeria after Converting To Islam, he married an Algerian Woman from the Sennusi Tribe, he insisted that he would name his children with Greek Names, but after a long discussion they decided to name them with Two Names, Greek and Arabic. Therefore, his Son was Named Nicolaos and Muhammad, it's a stupid solution really but..

anyways, Nicolaos also married from a specific house in the Sennusi Tribe, and so did his offspring after him, and while they still did that Two name thing, The Greek Family was Arabized and merged with the Arabic one under the new name "Al-Ghazali". which means "The Erotic Poet", the reason for this was that Nicolaos was simply an Erotic Poet lol.

After Time Passed on, Ahmad (or Yiorgos his greek name ) Al-Ghazali immigrated to Libya to Join the Jihad Against the Italian Invaders, and later the Leader of the Jihad Omar Almuktar (My Grandfather from my dad's side),  married his Daughter, and the two families continued to marry from each other until i was Born!

to Muhammad (my father) and Maryam ( or ?????, which is the Greek word for Maria)

The Miserable End,

Gnu Ordure

So, you're saying that one of your grandfathers was played by Anthony Quinn in a movie about his life?

That is way cool.

Did you grow up in Libya? Are you there now? If so, I'd love to hear more about living under Gaddafi and how it's been there since he was deposed. Difficult times for the people there...

Peace.

There You Go

QuoteDid you grow up in Libya?

oh yeah, i was born in Benghazi, lived there for about 15 years, after that i stayed in Algeria for 6 years, i then returned to Benghazi just a month before the uprisings,

QuoteAre you there now?

yep, hard luck, right? ||cheesy||

i just returned from Patras a week ago. the prizes hit the Roof there, but still in general better than Libya lol.

QuoteI'd love to hear more about living under Gaddafi and how it's been there since he was deposed. Difficult times for the people there...

under Gaddafi's reign Libya was the last place a reasonable man would think of going to, i can't get how we managed to survive really, he breached every aspect of our lives, you can't talk about News around the world, no you tube, no Facebook, no Twitter no nothing ( however the restriction was lifted in 2010), he had those spooky supporters of his with their bob Marley hairstyle walking around the streets, hoping to catch someone criticizing him or reading a newspaper so they could fly him to Tripoli, specifically to Abu Salim Prison.

Education wasn't even there, all students from all ages were forced to study about the Accomplishments of the Brotherly Leader, if you get a full mark in the Subject " The Jamahiriyya Society" your good to go, if not, you must study the whole year again, regardless of your marks in Maths, Biology etc.

another terrible thing is that citizens from 20 years onwards were forced to go and fight in Chad during the Chad-Libya War.

and yet another terrible thing was that even Mosque Imams were tortured for criticizing his Book "the Green Book", and were forced to curse the Qur'an and step on it, better still, they had to praise the Leader and his Green Book. then publicly ask forgiveness from him.

and that is not to mention poverty and ignorance etc that plagued the Country for 40 years, four decades of hell..

although after the Revolution Freedom of speech is better when compared under Gaddafi's libya, the situation in general now is far worse than it was under his reign, Terrorism is what rules in Benghazi, while i'm typing this reply, i heard 47 explosions ( i literally counted them ), Police officers, Army members, are being killed everyday, Osama Bin Laden's pics are all over the city, and you can also hear American Drones flying at sunrise! ||smiley|| . who are these Terrorists? well, most of them are Libyan, you can say 85%. the others are from Mali and Syria ( yes, Syria).

the only city that is COMPLETLY under control of these terrorists is Derna. they aren't allowed to watch TV, aren't allowed to enter mosques without growing a beard, and aren't even allowed to celebrate the Birthday of Prophet Muhammad ( they regard celebrating birthdays as innovation, and in the Takfir Doctrine , Innovation is Haram)

so you can say Libya now is a "Zoo in the Desert"

Gnu Ordure

Sheesh, Tyg. That all sounds awful.

And I'm sorry that my governments supported Gaddafi while it suited them.

I hope things get better for you.

none

that is all fine and dandy There You Go, but what redeeming qualities do you add to society?
and what is your current location?

Mooby the Golden Sock

+1 for not blowing up the forum.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Emily

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on July 10, 2014, 01:03:28 AM
+1 for not blowing up the forum.

It's good to see you don't have competition, Mooby!  ||wink||

Gnu Ordure

Quote from: none on July 10, 2014, 12:47:01 AM
that is all fine and dandy There You Go, but what redeeming qualities do you add to society?
You first, None.

What redeeming qualities do you add to societies such as IGI?

I can't think of any.

none

Quote from: Gnu Ordure on July 10, 2014, 02:06:30 AM
Quote from: none on July 10, 2014, 12:47:01 AM
You first, None.

What redeeming qualities do you add to societies such as IGI?

I can't think of any.
bewilderment, it is a lasting and highly valued asset that any man who has cherishes...
and I am a magician...

davdi

Not many of us here can empathise with you.  We are an extremely spoiled nation.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.