News:

New members, please say hello to the forum in the Introductions board!

Main Menu

[Commentary] Friendly debate / discussion. Jstwebbrowsing and Teaspoon Shallow.

Started by kevin, July 05, 2014, 03:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

well, actually, some pretty big carnivores eat less meat than a lot of people think.

bears, for instance.
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

davdi

Ultraviolet rays are hot.

The lack of sunshine provides cooling, but you are right to argue that the sun is hot.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

davdi

Now I really do have a problem.  If this an automated response, that's a different matter, but if look at the post to which I was replying, you will see that my post is legal, legit, whatever, and should be restored.
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

Mooby the Golden Sock

It's a debate thread though.

I think when I get a chance I'm going to tweak the script to move to the commentary board.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

kevin

Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on July 05, 2014, 08:55:52 PM
Hot: Having a high degree of heat or a high temperature.

you can have a high temperature without a great deal of heat: you can hold a red-hot grain of dust in your hand until it cools.

but you cannot hold a red-hot bar of iron the same way.

both have equal temperatures, yet contain very different amounts of heat.

kevin

Quote from: Admin on July 06, 2014, 12:40:02 AM
kevin,

You recently made this post in a private debate thread.  Per the  Debate board etiquette, these threads are reserved for debate participants only.  Thus, your message has been automatically moved to the Boneyard.

If you would like to comment on this discussion, you can do so on the Commentary board.  If you would like to bookmark this discussion, please use the Notify button at the top of the thread rather than replying directly.

If you are a debate participant, please check the first post of your debate thread to make sure your name appears somewhere in the first post and looks exactly the same as it does on your posts.  If it does not, please ask the thread owner to edit the post to include your name.  This will tag you in the thread and prevent your future posts from being deleted.  You can then either repaste your post contents or ask a staff member to restore the original post.  If it looks like you are tagged properly and you still cannot post, please message a staff member for assistance.

If you have any other questions or comments, please message a staff member.

Thank you,
The IGI Staff

(Automated message - Do not reply directly to this account.)

okay

none

Quote from: kevin on July 06, 2014, 12:39:44 AM
Quote from: Teaspoon Shallow on July 05, 2014, 08:55:52 PM
Hot: Having a high degree of heat or a high temperature.

you can have a high temperature without a great deal of heat: you can hold a red-hot grain of dust in your hand until it cools.

but you cannot hold a red-hot bar of iron the same way.

both have equal temperatures, yet contain very different amounts of heat.
if you have the same quantity of dust and iron, what is the difference in heat tonto?
the candle can only be lit so many times.

composer

Quote from: Jstwebbrowsing on July 05, 2014, 05:09:30 PM
QuoteI could have been thinking the newspaper (the sun) was sexy (hot).

But you didn't so why use unnecessary words?

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" (1 Peter 3:15)

That's a good scripture. . . . .

Great!

So as you admit it is a good scripture then you can have no valid reason to disobey it!

So my unanswered question you duck & dive away from answering in defiance of your own propaganda 1 Peter 3:15, remains -

e.g. Is the following ' logical ' or ' illogical & manifestly idiotic? '.

STOP Judging! (Matt. 7:1) Says their own propaganda!

Those who read/interpret their own propaganda as ' based upon that principle, statement , command ' they became and remain a literal Judge?

||popcorn||
Your alleged gods are very bad god persons, I am offering them the chance to become good god persons for the very first time, but only after they admit they are bad god persons and want to try again.

davdi

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on July 05, 2014, 01:52:34 PM
It's a debate thread though.

I think when I get a chance I'm going to tweak the script to move to the commentary board.

Thanks, eh!
বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto

kevin

kevin

kevin

mooby, some posts are moved and some just go away

i'm not sure why

kevin

Mooby the Golden Sock

That's what you get for posting while I'm playing around.  ||wink||

I reset all the posts, so sorry in advance for those who just got a PM.  Script now automatically creates a new commentary thread or looks for an existing one before moving posts rather than just sending them all to the Boneyard.  Time will tell whether that's a good thing or bad thing.

Teaspoon Shallow

Thank you for your work on this Mooby. ||tip hat||

My goal is a simply one, encouragement of better understanding.  This will hopefully be a mutually beneficial exercise. 

I look forward to getting into it.
"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would.    That's the difference between me and your God." Tracie Harris

Mooby the Golden Sock

You're welcome. While I'm at it, should I make it so commentary threads are automatically generated whenever someone starts a debate? If so, who should start it, the OP of the debate thread? Admin?

Isotoners n Bruno Maglis

You have to question the motives of someone who is unwilling to be precise with their words.
Designer Gloves and Shoes

davdi

বাদল

Furu ike ya
kawazu tobikomu
mizu no oto