Biblebashingfundy.biteme Is Now Banned

Started by Moderator 09, January 30, 2013, 02:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

both sky and vynn committed forum suicide by purposely performing public TOS violations.

they wanted to go away and not be able to come back.

may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Lillium

+1 for including images for visual learners.

It reminds me of, "Some men just want to watch the world burn".
Meow?

Snakesandsuns

Well perhaps they did burn their bridges but that doesn't mean they cannot be rebuilt. Time heals all wounds and second (or more) chances are a good thing. As long as they would be willing to follow the rules I think we have more to gain than to loose welcoming them back, if they are willing!
"All gods are three: Amun, Re and Ptah, whom none equals. He who hides his name as Amun, he appears to the face as Re, his body is Ptah." ~ Leiden hymns

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: Snakesandsuns on February 05, 2013, 01:07:07 AM
Well perhaps they did burn their bridges but that doesn't mean they cannot be rebuilt. Time heals all wounds and second (or more) chances are a good thing. As long as they would be willing to follow the rules I think we have more to gain than to loose welcoming them back, if they are willing!
Very true.

Our response to sky was not, "NEVER!"  It was, "Not yet."
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

kevin

Emily

Can I ask a question? Browsing the banlist I see this;

Guess   Sockpuppet of sky.   January 15, 2013   Never

Maybe sky is trying to start over here with a clean slate. Why ban a sock of her? Perhaps there was a conversation between Guess and the staff here which gave reason to ban Guess, or the staff had other reasons (like sock puppetry), but maybe the staff should give her next sock account a chance. It seems sky as sky was last active in 2010, and yet in 2013 there seems she created a sock to join again. Maybe she'd like to start over?!?

kevin

Quote from: Emily on February 05, 2013, 02:46:32 AM
Maybe sky is trying to start over here with a clean slate.

anything is possible.

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: Emily on February 05, 2013, 02:46:32 AMPerhaps there was a conversation between Guess and the staff
Yes.  I'm not going into details, though.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Snakesandsuns

Quote from: kevin on February 05, 2013, 02:45:55 AM

You know, I suppose that picture is awesome, but all I can think is "why are these two ladies pushing out their butts?"

I probably read to much from eschergirls (Warning it is slightly NSFW): http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/
"All gods are three: Amun, Re and Ptah, whom none equals. He who hides his name as Amun, he appears to the face as Re, his body is Ptah." ~ Leiden hymns

kevin

Jezzebelle

Quote from: Captain Luke on February 04, 2013, 01:57:24 PM
Sky kept asking to be banned (literally, not figuratively), and eventually took matters into her own hands and posted her password in her signature, something that she knew had got Vynn banned prior to that.

Sky had good days and bad days.

She always loved you the mostest too  ||grin||
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Jay

I Have no personal experience with any of the people being talked about in regards to having them 'come back'

However, I will say that things seem to be going okay right now.  Therefore, Im not sure why someone would want to throw a possible monkey wrench into it at the moment.

Therefore I would be leery with bringing back some possible drama at the moment, unless you can be almost assured that the person has 'changed'
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

Jezzebelle

In my mod experience here.... Every.single.time. sky has tried to come back via sock puppet, it has been absolutely cldear that she had no desire to change, and only wanted to disrupt.  I haven't been a mod in about a yearish though.
It's so damn easy to say that life's so hard

Snakesandsuns

Quote from: Jezzebelle on February 05, 2013, 03:29:02 PM
In my mod experience here.... Every.single.time. sky has tried to come back via sock puppet, it has been absolutely cldear that she had no desire to change, and only wanted to disrupt.  I haven't been a mod in about a yearish though.

Oh well then... Thats...

Lillium

My sock puppets after being banned. . . I took advice from a member here (on how to make a legit looking sock puppet), but then decided that I didn't want to do that anymore because I wanted to show that I had improved.  However, my mind did not seem to get: one of the things that I had been banned for was making fake accounts!! When I finally understood, I became a lurker.  I'd pop in infrequently and read your guys's posts, talk to the IGI members that I had made friends with, and had pretty much moved on.

Therefore, if Sky's attempts to come back are her attempts at trying to prove she's ready to come back, I'd suggest:

Help remind her of the reasons she was banned to begin with, inform her of probation guidelines, and let her know that puppetry is moreover usually inadvisable, but understandable given her circumstances.  Maybe give her some time to show that she's not going to make a fake account, if she doesn't do that during that time period, then allow her back in on "probation".

Also, GG misses Sky. ||sad||  She's okay! She made some mistakes, but she (eventually) deserves another chance.  (In my opinion).   ||flowers||

If sky can read this: I miss you!
Meow?

Steveox

Thanks for the explanation Mooby. I fully understand now.

We are the silent majority