News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Change in staff positions

Started by JustMyron, April 19, 2011, 09:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustMyron

Hi everyone:

I think if I don't say something about this soon, rumours are going to start circulating, so...

A few months ago, Happy Evolute let it be known to myself and SoM that he would like to step down as head moderator. I kept quiet about this for a while, in hopes he might change his mind, but no such luck. I'll let him explain his reasons in more detail if he wants, but as far as I know it's nothing too dramatic, just he found his enthusiasm for forum discussion wasn't what it once had been, and felt it best to let someone else step into the lead role, moderation-wise. This makes me sad, because I would find it difficult to overstate the amount that HE has contributed to the rules and moderation system. He's been doing that since before the forum was officially opened to the public, and his thoughtful consideration of the implications of different precedents for the future health of the forum is something I've been able to count on. He's agreed to stay on as an admin, and I hope he'll still participate in rules discussions.

But back to the enthusiasm - I'm pleased to say we've got moderators whose enthusiasm is... well let's just say when Tish heard what I am about to announce, she found the inability to use excited emoticons rather a problem, and her ! key is probably a little the worse for wear now  ||smiley||. And the new head moderator has been PMing and skyping me repeatedly over the past few days, asking when it'll be announced and he can get started. I know things have been a bit slow to to get readjusted after the upgrade (my fault), and, well it just makes me really happy to see the level of engagement we still have on the IGI staff. I was worried that the transition would be rough, or that we might not have someone who wanted to step up to what is admittedly sometimes not an easy job, but after a bit of conversation with Tish and the new head mod, I can see that the rest of the staff still cares about this place as much as I do. Yay!  ||smiley||

With that said, please welcome the new head moderator... Mooby! He's said he's going to rule with an iron fist, but cows don't have fists, and in my experience he just puts in boatloads of work to keep this place running, without (until now) getting the amount of recognition I think he deserves. I know he has some ideas about how to get things mooving again in the mod box, which would be great, and I hope everyone will give him their support in his new role.  ||smiley||

JadedPulse

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

TrisTennant

But everything changed when the Calgary Flames attacked.

JadedPulse

Quote from: JadedPulse on April 19, 2011, 09:51:18 PM
Uh oh.

Umm....I mean, Congratulations, Mooby!

*runs away before Mooby gets the ban hammer out*
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Mooby the Golden Sock

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.--BÖC

Jay

rut roh.....

I mean.....

Congratulations!!!!

**GULP**
I am me, if you dont like it, tough luck!

leese

Bittersweet announcement.
I'll miss HE's involvement on that level and really, there couldn't be a better choice to fill the position than Mooby. Well, maybe Bruce Wayne if he was available, but Moobs will do.
A tear and a beer.
||sad||
||beerchug||

Ratman

Yay Mooby!!! *goes to find dirty threads to clean up.*
There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

Jay

Quote from: leese on April 19, 2011, 11:53:17 PM
Bittersweet announcement.
I'll miss HE's involvement on that level and really, there couldn't be a better choice to fill the position than Mooby. Well, maybe Bruce Wayne if he was available, but Moobs will do.
A tear and a beer.
||sad||
||beerchug||

Bruce Wayne would be SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!  :P

Tish

If we can't have HE, ( ) then Mooby is the perfect choice. 

"Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
Buddha

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: jay799 link=topic=46910.msg432867#msg432867Bruce Wayne would be SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!  :P
Cowman > Batman

JadedPulse

Ratman

Hey, we can change the name here from IGI to IMI. Is Mooby Imaginary?  ||cheesy||

There's no real relationship between what a person believes and what their religion ostensibly teaches them to believe.

Jay

Oh Gawd....she has cow smileys.

JudoChop

Good God! *throws mouse out of the window*

Spoiler
GOOD GOD!
[close]
Abdullah: You got me wrong, I'm not the Eel, I'm the one trying to prove to you that Eels are not Atheists.

Assyriankey

Thanks HE!

Moody (as Ricky often calls him) is a great choice and will be much milked for as long as possible.

Then SoM will step into the breach.  Can't wait.
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

BrandixLove

||angry|| ||angry|| ||angry|| ||angry||

He's mine! You can't take him!

Mooby the Golden Sock

JadedPulse

kevin

thank you for undertaking such a thankless task, mooby
may you bathe i the blood of a thousand sheep

Jay

I never knew mooby to be the sappy type.

Oh...WINNING!!!

acctnt_shan

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Ratman

My, what big hands you have Shan.  ||cheesy||

Shawna

"I think, indeed, that the goodness of God, through His Christ, may recall all His creatures to one end."
--Origen

acctnt_shan

Mooby's first order of business:  add to the list of emoticons
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Mooby the Golden Sock

Quote from: acctnt_shan on April 21, 2011, 04:20:48 PM
Admin duty.

Assyriankey

Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

rickymooston

Quote from: Assyriankey on April 20, 2011, 09:37:10 AM
Thanks HE!

Moody (as Ricky often calls him) is a great choice and will be much milked for as long as possible.

Then SoM will step into the breach.  Can't wait.

AssY has a point. Dr. Moody is a great choice for moderator.

Quote from: BrandixLove on April 20, 2011, 11:59:22 PM
||angry|| ||angry|| ||angry|| ||angry||

He's mine! You can't take him!

Mooby ||runaway|| while you still can.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

Yog

Quote from: Mooby the Golden Sock on April 21, 2011, 10:41:11 PM
Quote from: acctnt_shan on April 21, 2011, 04:20:48 PM
Admin duty.

I like his delegation.

Congrats! (sucker)