News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Did QM fly to Israel this weekend?

Started by Assyriankey, August 02, 2009, 04:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hypsell

But do remember this.You're treading on sensative ground saying any group should just be killed.Internet forums are public.Some governmental or other party might take interest in such talk and start tracking your posts.If you have such feelings it would be best to keep them off of public message boards. ||shocked||
What are the prerequisites for consuming Teddy Ruxpin?

QuestionMark

Quote from: Apotheosis on August 04, 2009, 09:35:03 PM
Ehhh... I don't think I've been taking QM's "death-to-homos" shenanigans very seriously. The way he always included stuff like lying and adultery, I just thought he was working this spiel of, "Yes, they (homos) deserve death, but we, like Jesus, should show them mercy. And not actually put them to death."

I think I might've gotten it terribly wrong. QM - please clarify: Do you support the death penalty for practicing homosexuals? Being as clear as possible here: If your local Congressman drafted a bill that said all practicing homosexuals should be hunted down and put to death, would you support the bill? Were this outrageous bill put into practice and this nation-wide genocide actually conducted, would you support it?
It wouldn't fit the American form of government at all. We wrote our constitution to say that our rights come from God, but not to say that we are responsible to be pleasing to God. I would not support death penalty legislation in any country that claims to be religiously/spiritually neutral. I would however severely limit the exposure of people to homosexuality, especially children. (I would support legislation that suppressed the homosexual movement for marriage rights as criminally obscene). Yes, I used that strong language for a reason. Yes, I meant it.
     But you are absolutely right that adultery also deserves death, and we ought to have mercy. But lawlessness and mercy are different.
καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει

QuestionMark

Quote from: hypsell on August 05, 2009, 11:03:03 PM
But do remember this.You're treading on sensative ground saying any group should just be killed.Internet forums are public.Some governmental or other party might take interest in such talk and start tracking your posts.If you have such feelings it would be best to keep them off of public message boards. ||shocked||
Thanks for the warning. I don't really care though.

Apotheosis

Quote from: QuestionMark on August 06, 2009, 06:27:20 PMIt wouldn't fit the American form of government at all... I would not support death penalty legislation in any country that claims to be religiously/spiritually neutral. I would however severely limit the exposure of people to homosexuality, especially children. (I would support legislation that suppressed the homosexual movement for marriage rights as criminally obscene).

Alright. You're not Phelps crazy, you're just sickeningly close.

QuestionMark

Quote from: Apotheosis on August 06, 2009, 08:06:27 PM
Alright. You're not Phelps crazy, you're just sickeningly close.
What was the reason for cutting out my short justification?

Apotheosis

Quote from: QuestionMark on August 07, 2009, 05:57:38 AMWhat was the reason for cutting out my short justification?

What, this?

QuoteBut you are absolutely right that adultery also deserves death, and we ought to have mercy. But lawlessness and mercy are different.

I understand it: We shouldn't kill people for adultery or homosexuality unless the law says we should. Yeah, whatever.

red77

Quote from: QuestionMark on August 04, 2009, 03:49:57 PM
All of you Christians who say that those who practice homosexuality, idolatry, adultery, and lying should not be put to death are shaming the death of your Lord who died for those things so that you might be saved. If we did not deserve to die for our sin, then Jesus died in vain.

QM, you're nothing other than a legalistic pharisee. If you were to put liars to death then that would be the entire human race wiped out. I doubt many will feel ashamed by your brand of fundamental zealotry.
"Either this fence goes or I do..."

Red77 on outside deathbed

Assyriankey

Quote from: red77 on August 08, 2009, 08:41:57 PM
All of you Christians who say that those who practice homosexuality, idolatry, adultery, and lying should not be put to death are shaming the death of your Lord who died for those things so that you might be saved. If we did not deserve to die for our sin, then Jesus died in vain.

QM, you're nothing other than a legalistic pharisee. If you were to put liars to death then that would be the entire human race wiped out. I doubt many will feel ashamed by your brand of fundamental zealotry.

Red, are you aware that QM considers marrying a divorced woman adultery?
Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

red77

Quote from: Assyriankey on August 10, 2009, 01:17:19 AM
Quote from: red77 on August 08, 2009, 08:41:57 PM

Red, are you aware that QM considers marrying a divorced woman adultery?

I am aware of that yes.
"Either this fence goes or I do..."

Red77 on outside deathbed

Happy Evolute

QM thinks that just looking at a woman and thinking lustful thoughts is adultery.

... but I think that if you're going to do something you should do it properly.

||grin||

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Assyriankey

Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 10, 2009, 12:37:46 PM
QM thinks that just looking at a woman and thinking lustful thoughts is adultery.

Yep.

Ignoring composer and wilson is key to understanding the ontological unity of the material world.

D M

Hi,

Most of us have done evil things which deserve punishment, although that doesn't mean that we should always be given punishment. God is merciful, and does not punish us as we deserve and we need to be imitators of Him.

I'm not really that surprised by the shooting in Tel Aviv. Jewish fundamentalism seems to be becoming stronger in Israel every decade that passes. This may have something to do with the higher birth rates of the orthodox jewry. Synagogues in Israel are more and more doing things like separating men from women. The orthodox put significant pressure on the government to legislate according to their own interpretation of the Torah as well. I know a rabbi who lives in Ein Karem who in his words describes some of the powerful ultra-orthodox rabbis in Israel as 'just slightly to the left of the Ayatollah Khomeini'. Maybe someday the state will become more like some of its more theocratic neighbours in the region, which of course might not bode well considering the number of nuclear weapons it possesses and the frequency with which it seems to get into wars.

God Bless,

Happy Evolute

An axiom is a proposition that defeats its opponents by the fact that they have to accept it and use it in the process of any attempt to deny it. - Ayn Rand

Switch

I'm posting my thoughts on this conversation on my blog tomorrow:

http://aigbusted.blogspot.com

Check it on the eleventh and it will be there!

Son of Man

Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 10, 2009, 12:37:46 PM

||grin||

That's a good point.  If it's all the same morally, then men who fantasize might as well do it for real and get something out of it.  Thanks, Jesus!  : )
"Our old forum is dead we should bring a newborn one to life."  
Steve Ox, GLF Forum, July 28, 2008

Codswallop

Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 10, 2009, 04:42:07 PM
Quote from: D M on August 10, 2009, 02:49:35 PM
God Bless,

Does anyone else see the irony in that final benediction?

Oh yes. Like a wooden beam across his face. (Or is that dung?)

Codswallop

Quote from: Switch on August 10, 2009, 11:04:38 PM
I'm posting my thoughts on this conversation on my blog tomorrow:

http://aigbusted.blogspot.com

Check it on the eleventh and it will be there!

No s**t--that's you? I've been a subscriber for a while now!

Codswallop

There it is, boys and girls--the Christians cannot deny that you deserve death. Death to fags, death to adulterers, death to Sabbath breakers--it's all right there in the magic book.  Most of them also say God founded America, or America is a Christian country, or some such bulls**t. The path from where we are today to a country that puts people to death the way the Islamo-fascists do is a very simple set of logical steps, if only they can get enough power.

Irrational belief is more dangerous than any drug.

sky

My username is sky and my password is #####
-its yours if you want it.

Codswallop

Quote from: sky on August 11, 2009, 01:29:31 PM
Love is a drug.

Love is a fantasy.
Love is a rose, but you better not pick it.
Love stinks.

Any others?

JustMyron

Love is a drug.

I'm not sure whether you're suggesting that love (and the associated, often irrational, beliefs) is not dangerous, because, ya know, it's love. Or whether you're actually agreeing with Codswallop.

D M

Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 10, 2009, 04:42:07 PM
Quote from: D M on August 10, 2009, 02:49:35 PM
God Bless,

Does anyone else see the irony in that final benediction?

Hi HE,

Religion can be evil or used to evil purpose, but religion by itself is not necessarily so.

God Bless,

sky

Quote from: Codswallop on August 11, 2009, 01:38:18 PM
Love is a drug.

Love is a fantasy.
Love stinks.

Any others?

Love is like oxygen.
My username is sky and my password is #####
-its yours if you want it.

Assyriankey

Love is a drug.

Love is a fantasy.
Love stinks.

Any others?

A many splendoured thing?

Kerlyssa

Then perhaps he died in vain. This is the trouble with arguing backwards, fitting all the evidence to your pre chosen answer. You believe that God died for your sins, so therefore you think humanity is pretty nasty. This does not follow from humanity's actual behavior, however, and you twist in the wind trying to explain away the good things humanity does as selfishness based on materialism while ignoring what that means for your argument for an evil humanity.

Happy Evolute

Quote from: Assyriankey on August 11, 2009, 02:22:04 PM
Love is a drug.

Love is a fantasy.
Love stinks.

Any others?

A second-hand emotion?

anna

Quote from: Happy Evolute on August 11, 2009, 02:46:45 PM
Quote from: Assyriankey on August 11, 2009, 02:22:04 PM
Love is a drug.

Love is a fantasy.
Love stinks.

Any others?

A second-hand emotion?

Is a product not an element...it is made not found

Assyriankey

Love is a drug.

Love is a fantasy.
Love stinks.

Any others?

"Love is Divine" - Hugh Grant, 1995.

Codswallop

Assyriankey