News:

IGI has a myspace page.  Please add us if you're a myspace fiend!

Main Menu

Do protons die?

Started by rickymooston, July 25, 2009, 02:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickymooston

I'm reading a book called the last three minutes and it claims science has proven protons last for at least 1032 years on average.
"Re: Why should any Black man have any respect for any cop?
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

SkunkButt

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

Dennis Miller

rickymooston

Quote from: SkunkButt on July 25, 2009, 04:00:24 AM
Are protons alive?

The term death was used in this popular p[hysics book I was reading.

Have you never heard somebody say their car "died" ... ||666||

It looked like an interesting research question.  The author was conjecturing that the proton may last longer than we can actually detect a decay ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_decay
Your question is racist. If the police behave badly then everyone should lose respect for those policemen.", Happy Evolute

SkunkButt

Well I guess it depends on what position one wants to take. Some say the matter will eventually "evaporate" others seeing matter lasting forever but decaying into even yet smaller particles.

Dennis Miller

rickymooston

Quote from: SkunkButt on July 26, 2009, 03:29:03 AM
Well I guess it depends on what position one wants to take. Some say the matter will eventually "evaporate" others seeing matter lasting forever but decaying into even yet smaller particles.

Yes, with the current lack of experimental evidence, that is what it is left to.

Its interesting you can't prove it lasts forever but you can give a lower bound on its life span

SkunkButt

Remember Ricky, don't put all your protons in one atom!

Dennis Miller